The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe because he's answered the same question, three times previously. Even though the question is also written down in the rules.

No swearing, end of.

As for wanderer89 - it can be deemed as a serious offence. It depends on numerous things however, previous history being one.

As for DJ being unapproachable - do me a favour... One of the nicest guys you'll chat too.

Back on topic please, any questions then fire me, DJ, or any of the other UB / Mod / Admins a message via trust.

Oh, any tips for long range TVs (and in a similar vein for TOWs)? I find that they become incredibly twitchy after a short-mid range and even short movements become over-pronounced, leading to me never hitting them at range!

Oh, any tips for long range TVs (and in a similar vein for TOWs)? I find that they become incredibly twitchy after a short-mid range and even short movements become over-pronounced, leading to me never hitting them at range!

not really

My only tip would be to get your pilot to line you up to give you as best chance as possible of hitting it.

TV's and TOW's should be viewed separately. BF4 TOW's act ust like SRAW's so just keep an eye on the actual missile and guide it as you would an SRAW.

TV missiles compared to BF3 TV's are horrible to control, you need to pre aim with if the target is moving and if not then it is just small adjustments. You can still bend TV@s a long way but as the FOV is so small having you pilot line you up is immeasurably better for the gunner.

Only had a game and a half last night, will play some more this evening all being well.

With regards to servers, we really need to find a server and stick to it, regardless of how frustrating it may be. I don't think it's fair on anybody to spend a large amount of time repeatedly queuing for new servers due to a few minor issues with the server we are on. If we can't always play on the same team (which given the fact there's commonly two squads worth of us is likely) then we should just make do and have fun regardless.

E: Anybody fancy some CTE later?!

Last edited:
Only had a game and a half last night, will play some more this evening all being well.

With regards to servers, we really need to find a server and stick to it, regardless of how frustrating it may be. I don't think it's fair on anybody to spend a large amount of time repeatedly queuing for new servers due to a few minor issues with the server we are on. If we can't always play on the same team (which given the fact there's commonly two squads worth of us is likely) then we should just make do and have fun regardless.

E: Anybody fancy some CTE later?!

a 32 player slot server costs about £20 a month.

Do we have enough regulars to make up for own server ?

As much as having our own server would have its benefits, I don't think it's worth it. Most popular servers these days fill themselves because they have been running a very long time and are well established.

We would have to spend time seeding the server to make it popular and given how much time we already spend server hopping it wouldn't be worth the time.

I don't mind playing against you guys but I thought the majority of us hated being on different sides?

And what wndsr said regarding our own server, not worth it!

TV missiles are **** easy to control, just have a very steady hand move the mouse slowly (depending on your DPI of course....), practice makes perfect! I hate the tv missiles in this game though, the flickering at the sides and then they seem to have a lot of micro lag/stutter, which messes me up a lot :( On some maps, I wouldn't waste your TV missiles on helis i.e. paracel, need them more for when you come up against an attack boat.

I really must get back into the attack boat again!

I don't mind playing Vs each other but prefer to play alongsider each other.

No point getting a server tbh, could we speak to the MLG guys about borrowing thier server think that is a 32 slot and only really used on a Wednesday isn't it?

Ask PGI to sort out map rotation and game modes etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom