The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though private clinics did the operation on the day and let you out on the day?

I though that after major surgery they will keep most people in for a few days

Barrel rolling coming to the CTE. Not an air support player myself but for some reason people live this feature. :confused:

I'm guessing that it is for helicopters?

Hopefully they will improve the attack helicopters manoeuvrability as well while they are at it.

Who uses War Tapes for their audio, tried it tonight for the first time, didn't know what to think to it...

War tapes in early builds of BF3 was good from what little I played around - punched up weapon sounds and used to have proper positional cues i.e. you could easily tell the general direction of rounds going overhead from the pop or snap (I think they screwed it in later BF3 builds) it but I've not found it very good in BF4 last time I experimented with it in BF4 the positional aspect was extremely hit and miss and mostly very vague.

Oh yes, CTE Teamplay initiative.

Today we start working in the Teamplay Initiative. The goal of this initiative is to make objective and team oriented play more desirable and understandable.
We have identified a short list of tasks which we aim to be part of Final Stand release (which is coming up fast) – but also have a longer list of identified improvements for release post Final Stand.

FINAL STAND RELEASE
For this release we are focusing on a small set of initial tasks:

Gameplay objective scoring v1
  • Make playing the objective more desirable
  • Health & ammo pack re-balance
  • Change cooldowns in combat and look at points given out through these gadgets
  • Fix for Neutral/Friendly roadkills exploit & getting killed by own vehicle
  • One solution for both these issues.
  • Distance Spotting changes
  • Make spotting more precise, not automatically spotting big groups of enemies at a distance.
  • Footstep sound improvements
  • Improve on footstep sounds being more audible in the game for enemies
  • Random callout cleanup
  • Move some of the combat chatter to team only (so your soldier don’t randomly give away your position)
These might not all look to be directly connected to teamplay or objective play – but they indirectly affect this kind of play in a negative way in our opinion.

FUTURE RELEASE – TASK LIST
Our list of PROPOSED changes has been put together based on what we internally think would be the best places to start changing the way we play objectives in this game.

We will post more details about our high level thoughs in coming updates this initiative.

We are looking for your feedback on this list – and would like to know what your top items are, both based on this list and new items, post your thoughts in the Teamplay Initiative Forum.

This is our current list of items, note that this list is far from complete and bound to change several times during the initiatives lifespan:

• Gameplay Objective Scoring v2
  • Field Upgrades 2.0
  • Squad Leader & Commander communication
  • Intra Squad Leader communication
  • Squad Leader selection
  • Squad Respawns
  • Commander UAV
  • Teamplay Vehicles
  • Objective play tutorials & Personal Objectives
  • Kit usage/Summary on spawn screen
  • UI & HUD Objective Clarity pass
  • End of Round UI – Winning/Objetive team oriented update
  • Your idea
  • As stated looking for your ideas in this area – and would very much like your input on how you think we could promote objective and team play – please tell us your ideas in the forum!

This feedback will be helping us prioritize our decisions, and your ideas might get realized during this initiative!
For more information about our thinking and key areas of focus – see Tompen’s newsly created thread on the subject: Open Teamplay Initiative: Key Areas of Focus thread

FEEDBACK
As stated earlier – we are looking for both your feedback on our proposed list of tasks – and new ideas you think would work well to promote playing the objective and helping your fellow players/making playing a team play role more attractive.

Some of these look fantastic IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom