The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of round UI. Is that proposing the end of game clip like in BC2?

Footsteps would be great. Again imo BC2 with wartapes had it nailed.

Not sure what the fix is for spotting. I've grown used to spotting multiple enemies grouped together at long distances, like snipers on a hilltop who can be used as mortar bait.

Spotting is a little OP at the moment - the change would mean you would have to be more accurate. Regarding end of round UI - It's a little redundant ATM. Point would be to skip through the rubbish and focus on some of the stats which are only accessible from battle points. In a conquest game, points defended, and kills while on points are more important than anything else and should be highlighted.

that's some serious development work DICE LA have put into BF4 now, and with lots more planned on a game thats over a year old. Completely unheard of from DICE.

I'm thrilled and really looking forward to the changes. But its such a shame this wasn't done prior to release :(

that's some serious development work DICE LA have put into BF4 now, and with lots more planned on a game thats over a year old. Completely unheard of from DICE.

I'm thrilled and really looking forward to the changes. But its such a shame this wasn't done prior to release :(

Fits in with EA's new "direction" about putting the customer first for a change. Everyone complained at how bad BF4 was at launch and it hasn't got much better, but the CTE build is what I actually paid my money for a year ago so I hope they keep up the good work.

It'll be interesting to see what hardline launches like in terms of tickrates and hit reg.

they've said they're talking to the DICE LA developers doing the CTE work and implementing what they do so everything should carry across.

That being said, it will be a miracle if it does.

Fix for Neutral/Friendly roadkills exploit & getting killed by own vehicle
Footstep sound improvements
Improve on footstep sounds being more audible in the game for enemies
Random callout cleanup
Move some of the combat chatter to team only (so your soldier don’t randomly give away your position)

Squad Leader selection
Squad Respawns
Commander UAV
Finally! That is all.

Fits in with EA's new "direction" about putting the customer first for a change. Everyone complained at how bad BF4 was at launch and it hasn't got much better, but the CTE build is what I actually paid my money for a year ago so I hope they keep up the good work.

It'll be interesting to see what hardline launches like in terms of tickrates and hit reg.

its because bf4 is still selling units and it can still ship a lot of dlcs if they seem to be doing good.

if the game wasn't selling and dlcs they wouldn't update it simple.

the game is playing well now though so they have done well its just taken too long.

Just saw this on vanilla:

Engineer Community Mission: Destroy 1 Million Vehicles with the M2 SLAM
** Video removed due to swearing **

its because bf4 is still selling units and it can still ship a lot of dlcs if they seem to be doing good.

if the game wasn't selling and dlcs they wouldn't update it simple.

the game is playing well now though so they have done well its just taken too long.

You can actually see this in the new comments now. The number 1, 2 & 3 posts used to be "FIXXX THE GAMMEEEE" but now it's "Let's be honest, at least they're trying to give us something while we wait for the patch, they're doing a lot of things right so be patient guys.".

Last edited:
As I said before, too late imo. A lot of this stuff should have been done at the very least 4 months ago.

Even with all these changes I can't see myself putting much more time into this game.

I am just glad that they aren't keeping all these changes for the next BF game i.e. like with bf 3 and 4

I think spotting is spot on atm (see what I did there :p)

Just means even less infantry etc. will be spotted on the map now. What they need to tweak is the stupid UAV scans in commander mode....

Kiwi been hit by the ban hammer then. Jesus

I'm going to play this until end of Jan, hopefully the new improvments will help get my enthusiam back into the game.

Shouldn't link to videos with any powerful, magical words then should he!

Only one thing worse than a grass, a kiss ass! :D

Just watched the barrel roll videos, hopefully the attack chopper will have the same flight mechanics as the beta version!

Will actaully enjoy being in the air longer than 30secs in the attack chopper then! Don't like Stulid would have any problems finding a pilot.

Thing is though, that vid, and others by BFF's have been posted before without issue, they are all as bad as the others language wise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom