The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not at moment mate, dad rushed into hospital Monday so been in there every day with mum. He was critical but looks stable now thank god, no plans for him to get out till mid next week earliest so not interested in gaming at moment. Although playing something when I can though to take my mind off things might be good.

No not at moment mate, dad rushed into hospital Monday so been in there every day with mum. He was critical but looks stable now thank god, no plans for him to get out till mid next week earliest so not interested in gaming at moment. Although playing something when I can though to take my mind off things might be good.

Oh ****! fair do's mate I can understand where you are coming from. Hope everything turns out well.

I agree that playing seomthing to take your mind off it may help, but playing BF4 in the state it is on pobably won't help much.

The TS banter on the other is good for the soul :D and on the plus no more wndsr! :p

Sorry to hear that Tony! Like Josh said, bf 4 won't help at all, just too rage inducing lately!

Lol we have a huge convo on TS about it and I changed my settings there.

Somwhoe doubt even with a 4.6Ghz OC and a stable GPU OC I will get a steady 130fps on BF4.

Stuttering, laggy mess that it is!

I remember that! But I thought you said you didn't notice a difference in your gameplay and went back to ultra/high settings :p

You need AMD GPU for some glorious mantle ;)

But yeah, DX is a complete and stuttery mess for me, unplayable, with mantle, very rarely do my FPS drop below my cap (80), night and day difference between the 2 api's.

You say that Nexus but other players like Rusty have had a 780 and a 290 and said he noticed no difference between DX on the 780 and Mantle on the 290. The game is extremely smooth on my 970 as well.

It may help you more because you have an older CPU.

Exactly Ayahuasca! People who have these high end overclocked i5/i7 CPU's won't see much, if any difference between the two but for people like me i.e. the weak CPU and strong GPU, the difference is amazing, I will eventually upgrade my CPU and mobo but for now, there is no need since mantle seems to be doing a superb job and most of the games coming out next year will have mantle.

I'd rather use an potato than have an AMD GPU.

Especially now with Nvidia pricing so well.

Some day you will see the light :p

But yes, the 970 is a cracking price, shame the 980 isn't though! I hope nvidia will see how well the 970 has been received and decide to be more realistic with their pricing in the future. Hopefully nvidia doing this means that AMD will respond with even lower priced GPU's in the future too as that has always been their main/biggest advantage over the nvidia cards.

I couldn't care less about GPU brand, I will just go for what ever offers me the best bang per buck. Apart from one issue with my 290 (which is fixed by doing a reg. tweak), I have never had any other "serious" issues with AMD cards and drivers (going back to the 4850).

Whoever brings out a 21.9, 29-32" 2560x1080/1440, IPS/VA, <£500 screen with free/g sync will get my money first!

Last edited:
Flashing is easy IMO (he says having messed it up the first time, thank fug I have an old 8400GS as backup). Before I flashed I could get to around 1240 max OC, It seems stable at 1320 (can't remember exactly) for Heaven and others with mem at 3500Mhz (7k effective)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom