The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Don't run any gpu oc's for gaming as the top card gets pretty hot even at stock. CPU though is at 4.7ghz on 1.3v. Does help a bit with sli compared to stock. Seems stable enough in games which is ok for me. Unfortunately with haswell you cant stress test in the normal way such as p95. Temps are insane even at stock.

Caporegime
I would never run IBT or anything on a new Intel chip, same way I won't run furmark on a GPU. They are in no way realistic as to the stresses normal use or even gaming puts on your components.

Caporegime
Benchmarks are completely and utterly pointless afaic, the GPU section is hilarious, people spend more time benching than playing games and get all wet down below just because they got 100 points or whatever higher than someone else :o :p They do nothing other than to satisfy people's epeen.

edit;

it reminds me of all these smartphone benchmarks too, love it when people buy Samsung etc. devices solely for the latest hardware just because they are the new "performance" kings but come to "real world" usage, they complain about them being slow and laggy, where as the phone that doesn't score the highest in benchmarks is still the fastest and smoothest android phone out of the box to date (nexus 5)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its the way haswells are built, thermal paste below the heatspreader instead of solder. Coupled with a thick layer of adhesive to hold the spreader in place. Heat transfer is very poor, not even high end watercooling helps much. Normal use like games they run not too bad.

Caporegime
When I buy a new card I always run the usual 3dmark, Heaven benchmarks just to check how my setup scores. I'll maybe run them twice with a few tweaks or a higher overclock just to see how much it helps. After that though I'm not fussed as you're never going to be top unless you spend a good chunk of your wage on the newest components every release. Components are a lottery as well you're pretty much ****** for winning benches unless you get a really good chip.

I can see how people enjoy it though as it's competetive and actually requires a fair bit of knowledge to be really good at it when you start tweaking 2nd and 3rd RAM timings etc etc.

I wouldn't say it's pointless, people are just striving for the best just like those who play BF4 and want to be at the top.

Caporegime
meh, I can't see how anyone can get excited about getting to the top of a benchmark leader board :p

I suppose at the end of the day, horses for courses!

Caporegime
WHAT?! Being at the top of the leaderboard in bf 4 is my life goal!!!!! :D I even take screenshots, print them out, get them framed and hang them all up on the wall.

:p

Soldato
"Close & Medium range sight reticles no longer affected by weapon firing animation, AKA “Visual Recoil”

In patch notes, I don't get this?

:confused:

Soldato
Visual recoil is when your reticle bounces around regardless of your recoil pattern. It's allot more noticeable with a 2-3x sight. DICE have fixed this in the CTE where the reticle stays put and your bullet pattern clearly shifts.

Soldato
Visual recoil is when your reticle bounces around regardless of your recoil pattern. It's allot more noticeable with a 2-3x sight. DICE have fixed this in the CTE where the reticle stays put and your bullet pattern clearly shifts.

So the reticle stays still, as your bullets fly everywhere due to recoil?

Sounds brilliant :rolleyes:

Soldato
WHAT?! Being at the top of the leaderboard in bf 4 is my life goal!!!!! :D I even take screenshots, print them out, get them framed and hang them all up on the wall.

:p

Hey I got laid loads at the start of BF4 by saying "heeeey baby don't you know I am the top in the UK for Tank, Heli, Boat and Jet"..and then I woke up.

"Close & Medium range sight reticles no longer affected by weapon firing animation, AKA “Visual Recoil”

In patch notes, I don't get this?

:confused:

Ok so lemme explain what VR is. There is a figure of eight animation that starts the moment you fire your gun which bears no relation to the actual recoil of the weapon. Only the first shot you fire on any Close / Med sights is your sight accurate, after that your laser is your actual aimpoint. You need to use the good ol Blue tac sight in the centre of your monitor for your actual aimpoint.

As of next week they have decoupled the animation from the aimpoint which means you can trust your sight again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom