The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
That old chestnut ay

It could be just around the corner, Yodel's tracking system seems to be delayed, wndsr is doing me a solid and finding out direct from them.

Sure it will be fine.

Question about 144hz, will it be smoother on all games or just fps? I am a complete 144hz noob tbh

The hz of the screen and fps are not the same thing, so even if you're not hitting 144fps it should still be better. In saying that you get the real benefit when you can maintain more than 144 so you may need to start running a similar setup to me. Textures and Mesh on Ultra, everything else low/off.

You could sell that 780 and get a 970. Locky tells me both of his Gigabyte Gaming cards do 1500 24/7 and at that speed they are faster than his 780 Ti @ 1200 which will give you a massive boost over the 780. EDIT: We're running difference resolutions so performance is not directly comparable.

Last edited:
The hz of the screen and fps are not the same thing, so even if you're not hitting 144fps it should still be better. In saying that you get the real benefit when you can maintain more than 144 so you may need to start running a similar setup to me. Textures and Mesh on Ultra, everything else low/off.

You could sell that 780 and get a 970. Locky tells me both of his Gigabyte Gaming cards do 1500 24/7 and at that speed they are faster than his 780 Ti @ 1200 which will give you a massive boost over the 780. EDIT: We're running difference resolutions so performance is not directly comparable.

I cba to upgrade my GPU yet, it's fine for now. Think I will have a go at OC'd my CPU & GPU see how I get on!

I had my GPU Oc'd and got game crashes galore. Might try it again see if it was a stablilty issue or just the game.

CPU OC's are a different ballgame, my mobo doesn't like them past 4.2 - the power phase isn't good enough to cope.

I think it would be fair to say that BF4 does not like unstable overclocks. When it first came out I needed to up my volts even though I was prime stable. It's a demanding game.

Yeh overclocking tools are for nabs - I'm sure there will be some good overclocking guides out there that you can use. The benfits are generally higher clocks but most importantly and lower volts. Overclocking tools tend to pump more volts (sometimes dangerously) than required.

Last edited:
You will definitely need to drop your settings to what us "pros" :p use josh. If you want to keep some settings turned up then, I would try these:

textures - high
mesh - ultra
filtering - high
terrain quality - high

Leave everything else on low/off imo.

And yes, you will notice it in most games, even desktop usage whenever scrolling down on websites etc. but the main benefit is for quick paced games especially the likes of cs:go, but as kiwi said, you really need to be getting at least a constant FPS of 130. Remember to change your FPS cap in your config file too!

OH! I thought you ran mostly ultra/high?!

We just need to convert Tony now then! :D

Lol we have a huge convo on TS about it and I changed my settings there.

Somwhoe doubt even with a 4.6Ghz OC and a stable GPU OC I will get a steady 130fps on BF4.

Stuttering, laggy mess that it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom