The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Reg seems better but movement isnt as smooth as bf3 or indeed CTE. Getting a bit of stutter but then that could be a connection issue on my side. Bf4 really does favour those with fast connection speeds.

id take pre patch over what we have now.

still getting good scores 62-13 60s high 50 every round its just it feels more clunky and rubber banding which i havent had up until now since launch. :p

Caporegime
TBH, what kiwi said is probably the reason why this vanilla version isn't as good as CTE and will probably never be as good, the difference in servers quality, load etc.

I'm 99% sure the CTE will have much better quality servers.

Also, what Josh said just now on BL, CTE was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up where as with vanilla, the patches are just adding on top, kind of like driver updates, imo just asking for trouble.

Going to take photos of my HUD stuff now, so will post them in a few min

Soldato
The only Ui options I have touched is the mini map stuff. I have just made it bigger.

I might also have a play around with the throttle setting for jets. I wonder if I can set the throttle to fly at a steady 310 for dogfighting.

Soldato
The AWS seems to be even more of a beast after the patch. I do seem top be dropping people much faster.

My performance is down a bit, but I had to update my BIOS and lost the original overclock settings so it may just be that for me (Got my 4.4GHz back but memory only running at XMS settings of 1833.). Getting >110fps at 1440p with everything on full but no AA. Not getting the crashes I was getting when I installed my 970s now. (RIVE owners should update their BIOS my 970s only ran at gen1 PCIe initially).

Grenades take for ever to restock now.

I hope you can still take out a tank with 3 SLAMS, or do they now need to be on the top or the back?

Movement does seem slower.

So close to **** bucket rank now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
TBH, after playing more, the game is worse "overall" now imo, things I don't like:

- spotting, the triangles have a weird faded sort of look, just doesn't look right
- the very slight rubber banding + hit reg. is worse, not consistent at all, can be great at one point then it just goes to **** next round, to the point that hits are registering... honestly it feels like BF 4 when it was first released
- and yup you guessed it, the ready system........

Only positives so far are the:

- animation speed increase
- revive system, shame people still are giving 20% revives though :rolleyes:
- lack of visual recoil

Whilst the movement is quicker, something about it still doesn't feel like the CTE movement....

I already have a hybrid of it :D

uMHQRn9h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's better you can't kill tank with 3 slams. Now you need to stay nearby to finish the tank with RPG. Instead of being other side of map :).

On a lot of maps an engineer needs to be able to threaten air and land vehicles, so I like to annoy the fly boys with a stinger and carry SLAMs to stop the ground vehicles. It does make being good at using the SRAW a more useful skill though as it's the only thing that is effective against both.

Caporegime
I was perfectly happy with the SLAMS damage before, the only thing I wanted them to fix was the spotting and the way they sometimes seem to sink into the textures so also being invisible to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom