The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yeah thanks for spamming all of your battlepacks as well locky, just what my BL feed page needs :p

Last night games were fun and TS was immense! :cool: Ended up not really playing the game half way through, too busy rocking the soundboard :D

On flood zone, the hit reg. felt amazing and the F2000, AMAZING! But then the next few rounds were back to being inconsistent, at least for me, hit people, see the body flinching but no hit markers and they don't die :(

@Nexus, onboard sound is indeed pretty poor. I used to own a xonar DX but couldn't use it on this board because of sli. For such a high end board the audio is shockingly poor.

I suppose it is like anything with motherboards i.e. on board GPU sucks compared to a dedicated GPU, onboard wireless LAN sucks compared to a proper adapter etc. etc.

Love the sound now, just so much more depth & clarity to it. I will have to mess with the EQ settings at some point, currently just left it on default.

BTW, I just read your posts about bf 4, you really need to get that connection sorted out, that is the main reason why you have issues with FPS, hit reg. as it is the exact same for me when in game and someone on my connection starts to download at the max speed :(

Got to say though, since setting my FPS cap to 59.94 and turning vsync in game on with triple buffering disabled in my user config, this game is running stupidly smooth with zero tearing, even the mouse movement feels a lot "smoother"

edit:

also, I have been using the red dot on the f2000 (nothing else unlocked) and must say I quite like it now! Will play around with it more and probably change from kobra to red dot for all my guns.....

Last edited:
Soldato
@Nexus, onboard sound is indeed pretty poor. I used to own a xonar DX but couldn't use it on this board because of sli. For such a high end board the audio is shockingly poor.

tell my Gigabyte Sniper it's sound is poor...I have never heard such great onboard audio. My friend is a big audio junkie, mainly home cinema stuff, he uses a Asus Xonar Essence ST in his rig at home, when he comes over and listens to my gaming or audio, he is amazed how awesome it sounds right from the board.

Caporegime
I suppose it is like anything with motherboards i.e. on board GPU sucks compared to a dedicated GPU, onboard wireless LAN sucks compared to a proper adapter etc. etc.

Love the sound now, just so much more depth & clarity to it. I will have to mess with the EQ settings at some point, currently just left it on default.

BTW, I just read your posts about bf 4, you really need to get that connection sorted out, that is the main reason why you have issues with FPS, hit reg. as it is the exact same for me when in game and someone on my connection starts to download at the max speed :(

Got to say though, since setting my FPS cap to 59.94 and turning vsync in game on with triple buffering disabled in my user config, this game is running stupidly smooth with zero tearing, even the mouse movement feels a lot "smoother"
Yep, had a quick play this morning and it was running superbly, up until my ping started to climb. Once the packet loss icon starts to appear it just go's downhill from there. But that aside the game felt very good, very consistent fps, great reg and very slick. Running with no frame cap, vsync off on max settings. Gonna mess about with resolution scaling as 1920x1200 is too low for sli'd 780's.

Caporegime
tell my Gigabyte Sniper it's sound is poor...I have never heard such great onboard audio. My friend is a big audio junkie, mainly home cinema stuff, he uses a Asus Xonar Essence ST in his rig at home, when he comes over and listens to my gaming or audio, he is amazed how awesome it sounds right from the board.
Yep, ive read a lot of good reports about the audio on the sniper series boards. It got reccomended an awful lot in spec me threads. But i think asus cheaped out on the formula. Pity they couldnt include an onboard xonar chip, but then i suppose it would bump up the price a fair bit on what is already a very expensive board. If i had a slimmer cpu cooler i could have got the DX into the slot above the first gpu. Putting it in the one between the gpu's isnt an option really as it would block the airflow of an already hot top card.

Caporegime
thats because of the rain ;)

There is rain on that map?! Didn't even notice :p

Yep, had a quick play this morning and it was running superbly, up until my ping started to climb. Once the packet loss icon starts to appear it just go's downhill from there. But that aside the game felt very good, very consistent fps, great reg and very slick. Running with no frame cap, vsync off on max settings. Gonna mess about with resolution scaling as 1920x1200 is too low for sli'd 780's.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

All on low/off except mesh is the only way to play ;)

:p

Caporegime
For maximum ownage!

Trust me, if you turned the AA off and a few settings down to high/medium, you would notice a massive difference ;) With mantle, I could run high settings but I don't know what it is, it just feels like there is input lag or something and of course, not being able to spot things as easily ;)

Caporegime
Tried 150% res scale for a laugh, fps were decent enough but ram and pagefile usage shot up a fair bit. Vram use of 2100mb which is pretty ok. All other settings at highest except post aa turned off. If i was playing on low id have to cap fps, otherwise it would be too high and cause my top card to cook. Never use non ref cards in sli.;)

Soldato
For maximum ownage!

Trust me, if you turned the AA off and a few settings down to high/medium, you would notice a massive difference ;) With mantle, I could run high settings but I don't know what it is, it just feels like there is input lag or something and of course, not being able to spot things as easily ;)

I notice no lag, get no stutter, get no tearing, frames locked at 90, no jaggies, stunning visuals, why would I need to run anything lower if the experience I get is just a kick ass flawless ride already??

people keep saying turn stuff down, why? My game looks stunning, I have no problem killing people as it stands, everything is super duper smooth.

edit: my mistake, running 2xmsaa with 150% res scale, when I run 4xmsaa I turn res scale down to 120% (to me the former looks and performs nicer than the later)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup that is true but just imagine how much more ass you would kick ;)

Game does look very nice but I am too busy kicking ass and taking names to notice the pretty visuals :p

Regarding tearing, I don't know how you don't notice it, although I am very sensitive to it, so much that I can't play any game without vsync now :( It is most noticeable when you jump in a jet and hold right mouse button to look around the cockpit, just go from left to right looking at the bars down cockpit window.

edit:

although if you don't notice it now, don't go looking for it as it is one of those things that you will always see/notice then :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you are using 150% res scale people do NOT use MSAA as by supersampling it aka 150% res you are already using the best AA there is. MSAA in frostbite doesn't work properly.
Cheers mate, dropped msaa to 0, res scale at 150%. Game runs fantastic and looks amazing. Fps still pretty high but the trade off was my top card hitting the temp limit of 79c and throttling down a touch.

Soldato
Cheers mate, dropped msaa to 0, res scale at 150%. Game runs fantastic and looks amazing. Fps still pretty high but the trade off was my top card hitting the temp limit of 79c and throttling down a touch.

I'm assuming getting better internet is not possible for you? For me there is nothing worse than moving into a new house with crap internet - makes me rage!

Caporegime
I'm assuming getting better internet is not possible for you? For me there is nothing worse than moving into a new house with crap internet - makes me rage!
Fraid not mate, no word at all on upcoming availability of fibre in my village. Yet strangely it's available in a small hamlet of about 30 houses a mile from where i live. My village is about 5 times bigger. Gotta love bt's logic.:D

Soldato
Yup that is true but just imagine how much more ass you would kick ;)

Game does look very nice but I am too busy kicking ass and taking names to notice the pretty visuals :p

Regarding tearing, I don't know how you don't notice it, although I am very sensitive to it, so much that I can't play any game without vsync now :( It is most noticeable when you jump in a jet and hold right mouse button to look around the cockpit, just go from left to right looking at the bars down cockpit window.

edit:

although if you don't notice it now, don't go looking for it as it is one of those things that you will always see/notice then :(

I swear to god mate, Ive never seen 1 tear on my screen and that's gospel. Not sure if it's got something to do with running crossfire with Frame Pacing enabled and my user.cfg locked at 90fps, but I get zero tearing and I've never ever understood it, because I'm using a 60hz screen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom