The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
running OCCT for a few hours maximum temp I got on the hottest core was 73c @ 1.31v vcore. In a normal BF4 evening, looking at my overlay temps don't even hit 70c and that's only on the medium fan speed with these SP120 High Performance. Think I might have a little more room, would be a massive achievement getting to 5GHz from 3.5GHz stock clock #epicOC lmao

I also have it set so when not gaming ie just on desktop etc, it throttles to 1.6GHz and only uses .98v so I guess I'm saving quite a bit of life by not having it scream @ 4.8GHz 24/7

Last edited:
Caporegime
5ghz on a haswell for 24/7 use is a definite no no. Theese things will easily hit the mid 90's at stick with anything like occt/p95. Though at 4.7 its a good bit faster than a 5ghz sandy chip.

Soldato
I do enjoy afternoon gaming, the rage, the noobs & the fact I can actually get kills in a jet.

Shall be on this evening, might be slightly tipsy from all the hot toddys mind.

yeah fun games today mate, I can't believe the infy scores possible with this new patch and afternoon scrubs lol. It's like shooting stunned fish in a barrel. That Ben Kenomi scrub or whatever he was called thinking he had a game to take me on lol. Offered him 1v1, didn't hear anything after that point lol

Soldato
If you are the markp I was in a game of metro with the other day you didn't do badly IIRC, you were ~5th out of 32 on your team with a healthy KD ratio. I don't remember actually bumping into you in that round though, I guess you don't pile blindly through the doors I farm ;)

lol, i try my best not to wonder blindly :D, not always successful and then spend the next 3/4 deaths calling myself all the names under the sun :(

main couple of reasons i'm sticking to lockers/metro at the mo is :

1) learn to pay more attention to the mini map, cos i always seem to run into people who know exactly where i'm coming from and i'm dead soon as they see me.

2) my aim is woeful/slow, and knocking round those maps tends to need it to be half decent and a bit quicker.

Soldato
To be fair, your ivy will be clock for clock faster than the 2500k so Westie's clocks are not comparable. I've benched this 2600k @ 5.3 @ 1.5v but for stable 24/7 clocks you are definitely dealing with diminishing returns.

Associate
Been playing around with my new build today and managed to get my i7 4970k 4.6ghz @ 1.24 volts.

Don't know what I'm doing to be honest and weather it's good or not but temps ain't hitting over 55c per core. So il leave it as that lol!

Hopefully that is good ? And maybe is it worth pushing to 4.7?

Man of Honour
Hows a guy got 383% accuracy there? :D

He only has 8 kill and 3 deaths with most kills with vehicle so some dodgy stats from the way the game handles some stuff plus accuracy over a short period isn't a reliable indicator.

Very rarely can you tell if someone is cheating from stats alone.

Soldato
I always thought running them over 1.4v for 24/7 was a massive no no with sandybridge cpus?

It is. I think 1.4 is the limit for 24/7 assuming you have very good cooling. My point regarding overclocking is that you're dealing with diminishing returns that is unless you have some monster SLI/Crossfire setup.

Underboss
Had some utterly rubbish games last night, feel rubber bandy and not smooth as normal. My ping was dodgy also. Think I will give the router a reboot when I get home at lunchtime.

Underboss
Got sent home from work this morning, rough as hell. Went to bed a 12 and woke up at 4.

Feeling better so I will be on tonight. Really fancy some 64 player rush spam fest lol must be the meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom