The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
thx chaps really appreciate your support.

I've had a good one to one with dad, got everything off my chest that I needed to and just made him understand how he's been the best father any son could hope for. He's graced this planet, all the work he's done and good causes he's supported, he's still so damn classy after all he's gone through.

So sorry to hear that Westie, I'm scared of my parents passing more than myself. We already went through hell when I lost my sister, the pain took so long to heal, I can't begin to imagine how long the healing process will be after my dad goes, he's just everything to me.

Last edited:
Underboss
I'm really sorry to hear that dude, with the wedding and everything else going on it must be a harder time than I could imagine. If you need to chat I'm just a steam message away.

But seriously dude, you need to get some rest. You will be no use to your family if you are sleep deprived. Get some sleep.

Underboss
Peeps, I am just getting into recording and playing with Sony Vegas, It would be great if you could do me a biggie and give me some feedback (good or bad) on my latest review please.

Some points Greg from me personally, you need a decent intro the one you have sucks lol

Mic levels, I understand you have to breathe, but I would rather not hear it. I know that may sound harsh but the mic levels didin't sound right, too much base maybe sounded a little off to me.

Are you doing a live voice over or a post recording voice over? If the later, write down what points you want to cover and then that way you won't get large sections of silence and you will get a shorter video, also cut and slice the sections where nothing happens for a while. You can merge scenes together very well in VP. If the former try and tell people what you are thinking whilst playing "I'm going for a backrage" or "If I flank this way etc etc"

Otherwise it is decent, but for me any BF4 video over 5mins loses my attention.

Oh and your gunplay sucks :D

Good effort though, I would love to do a proper voice over video but my accent annoys me, let alone anyone else!

Soldato
Mostly agree with Josh.

I think you should have a basic bullet point list if not a full on script.
Montage! No one needs to know you're not a pro bro.
Mic is too close, you are getting distortion.

And do you even ammo bro?

Still better than anything I would do. :)

Soldato
So I got over excited and tried the new COD, I feel like I've wasted my money. It did give me the urge to boot up BF4 again though.

So I started up origin and got an update. Origin boots but suddenly everything on my system is stuttering and stalling. I open up task manager and low and behold origin is hogging 20% CPU just sitting there doing nothing. Shut down origin and my system returns to stability.

Is anyone else having the above issue? I've seen people mention a program called outcome, does anyone use it and is it safe?

zia

zia

Associate
Well done greg nice no ******** review.at least it made me feel am not the only one whos ****e at Bf4 :).am surprised those titans only managed 100 odd fps was expecting a lot more.

Zia

Caporegime
Agree with above. No 60FPS?

Sorry to hear about your dad Tony.

No, I encoded with Sony Vegas and it didn't encode at 60 fps. I think my intro (which is pants) killed the 60 fps Youtube option.

Well done greg nice no ******** review.at least it made me feel am not the only one whos ****e at Bf4 :).am surprised those titans only managed 100 odd fps was expecting a lot more.

Zia

Yer, I am rubbish but I enjoy myself. Shadowplay on one card uses around 3% of performance but on 2 cards, it uses around 50% of performance. I would be sitting around 160 fps or more without ShadowPlay running. nVidia know about it as well and will fix it in a future driver update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom