The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Arse - must have not been paying attention on Black Friday ordered the wrong CAS on my RAM.

Ordered 11-11-11-27
Mine is 9-11-11-31

Just on live chat with the vendor trying to get them swapped.

Soldato
It's just probably not booting because of the mix in speed between the RAM, I expect they'll be fine if you just put the new pair in just so you have 8GB

Go into Bios, get all the latency settings of the original two sticks first, remove, put new ones in, change ALL RAM settings to mirror your original, boot into windows makes sure everything is ok, then put the original two sticks back in, 16GB all matched in speed Voila. 5 minute job.

The sticks were on special offer weren't they? you might not get the same deal on the set you need, meaning you'll have to spend money sending back then extra for the proper pair. Just trying to come up with a quick solution for ya

Last edited:
Underboss
It's just probably not booting because of the mix in speed between the RAM, I expect they'll be fine if you just put the new pair in just so you have 8GB

Go into Bios, get all the latency settings of the original two sticks first, remove, put new ones in, change ALL RAM settings to mirror your original, boot into windows makes sure everything is ok, then put the original two sticks back in, 16GB all matched in speed Voila. 5 minute job.

The sticks were on special offer weren't they? you might not get the same deal on the set you need, meaning you'll have to spend money sending back then extra for the proper pair. Just trying to come up with a quick solution for ya

Hmm wasn't aware of that, I will Steam chat you in a sec!

Soldato
yeah, it'll just be the volts that will be causing the non boot. You have 1.65v, CAS 9 on original pair, on the new pair you have CAS 11 and 1.5v.

Just double check things, and if your unsure then just return them for a refund and get the correct speed. But it shouldn't be any ball ache really.

Last edited:
Underboss
Ok Tony is a legend, managed to get all the timings correct after a couple of attempts.

Running Aida64 memory bench now and she is doing fine!

Thank god for that, felt like a right idiot when I saw the timings. Noob

Soldato
This seems to be a reoccurring theme Josh :p Having put together a few builds in my time i've learnt not to buy drunk - or build hung over/drunk (punctured my rad this way)! Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Finally managed to play a bit of BF4 last weekend and I have to say that the game is running brilliantly for me. DICE have alluded to additional DLC's post final stand. Imagine if they did some of the CQB BF3 maps, would be amazing.

Underboss
This seems to be a reoccurring theme Josh :p Having put together a few builds in my time i've learnt not to buy drunk - or build hung over/drunk (punctured my rad this way)! Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Got it working however it was very unstable in BF4, obviously wasn't working correctly, had 2 crashes in as many mins. Took the 2 sticks out and no drama - going to RMA it and order the correct stuff.

Never buying whilst drunk again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom