The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Do you even eye candy brah ;):D

No it's an FPS game, not an open world adventure game. If I want eye cand I will crank it up but for FPS I want as little **** as possible on my screen.

You could have 3 980s in SLI and a 5960X, everything on Ultra with 4K and 200fps - still won't make you a better player. :D

Caporegime
I think the game looks pretty good in 21.9/ultrawide aspect ratio form! :p Can't wait for the freesync ultrawide monitors next year.

But yes, everything on low/off except mesh with my res scale set to 150% is the only way to play BF 4 MP and if you have an AMD GPU (especially the 290), use mantle! It is amazing, my FPS NEVER drop below my FPS cap of 90.

EDIT:

I only reduce settings for semi-comp MP FPS games, anything else, especially single player, the settings get maxed except AA and sometimes the shadows.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick questions to those who still play BF4 regularly, was there a massive giveaway of battlepacks recently?

I've played a few games 2 days ago, a few a month ago and before then 3-4 months ago - I don't play often.

Each time I log in there's usually a battlepack or two waiting to be opened, today there were 30.

My history:
cKK1dJu.jpg

My recent battlepacks, 30 in total, none of which were there 2 days ago when I last played:
ykQZt5p.jpg

Soldato
GET OUT!!!!! Ultra everything, 2xmsaa and a 150% resolution scale, vsync off custom config with fps cap only way to play. If I wanted to play on low quality, I'd have bought a PS4/XB1 :D I have 2 cards and a chip clocked into the sky for a reason..Do you even eye candy brah ;):D

What FPS do you get with those settings and you 7950s? 1080p right?

Soldato
Don't understand the obsession with ultra - it's not that different from low settings and you don't need MSAA @ 2560x1440!

Good summary of CTE changes here:

Last edited:
Soldato
No it's an FPS game, not an open world adventure game. If I want eye cand I will crank it up but for FPS I want as little **** as possible on my screen.

You could have 3 980s in SLI and a 5960X, everything on Ultra with 4K and 200fps - still won't make you a better player. :D

I don't need it to be a better player, I wouldn't even be at all bothered if I was the worse player in the world, I just want eye candy full stop, I'm an eye candy whore. Isn't that why we all buy beastly hardware, overclock it and upgrade etc etc.

Underboss
I don't need it to be a better player, I wouldn't even be at all bothered if I was the worse player in the world, I just want eye candy full stop, I'm an eye candy whore. Isn't that why we all buy beastly hardware, overclock it and upgrade etc etc.

Sorry dude I just re-read what I wrote, when I said "make you a better player" I didn't mean you specifially I meant whoever may have a huge spec machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom