The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Completely the same here. I think playing with the ocuk lot has helped despite the abuse :D.

Then again it did run like utter crap when i first got it,Lag spikes all over the place i couldn't hit a bloody elephant.

Was playing conquest large this morning,and had one of the worst team players ever on my squad..he had like 30/3 and done nothing to help the team whatsoever..he didn't capture anyone of the flags..he wouldn't revive downed team mates..i was right behind him in the water and said wait up bro i need a ride..and he just ignored and off he went.

Seriously why are some people like this?..if all you care about is your K/D ratio go play Team Death match :mad:

Soldato
If half the people played for objectives then matches would be challenging and fun. Instead those who rage unfortunately don't know what teamplay is or how Rush and Conquest is meant to be played.

Basics in flanking, pushing, spawn areas, capping flags, using your Kit properly etc seem to be lost with random players who would rather camp on a building with C4.

But yeah, even I was shocked yesterday that OCUK managed to get all the Locker flags within 2mins odd and base rape was bound to occur. :eek:

What frustrates me is that the CTE team play initiative has not received the attention it deserves. Players work for rewards/points but these points are not really correlated with objective play. Making it more feasible to get to the to of the scoreboard based on flags defended/captured should be encouraged. Thing is the points were like this in the beta and they balanced it back. Someone going 50/1 in a tank/aa/jet should absolutely not be at the top of a conquest leader board. I fully include myself in this argument.

Last edited:
Soldato
It could be said that the jet pilot DOES deserve to be there, especially if he has shut down the entire enemy air and armor / boats. He has enabled the team to do well.

I've spent 100s of hours in BF3 jets so I do know what you mean but I still feel the scoreboard needs to be more oriented to the grunts on the ground who are capping. Of cause I'm strictly talking about conquest here. I just think that number of kills is not as relevant in some of these game modes. The way people are rewarded influences gameplay.

This game needs more people who are willing to get into the thick of it and cap flags, revive team mates, supple ammo and med boxes to people who ask for it rather than vehicle whores and campers in my opinion.

Underboss
It could be said that the jet pilot DOES deserve to be there, especially if he has shut down the entire enemy air and armor / boats. He has enabled the team to do well.

This.

Nexus stops the air targhets usually with sidey/westie in a LB and a couple lads in the attack chopper also shutting down the air targets. Gives the ground lot a hell of a better chance.

Tanks get the air support and enable you to take down their armour, then providing you have a decent ground unit running infy you can shut down each flags as it flashes.

Just solid, clever play. Tactics in this game play as big a part in this game as a great KD. Like Majnu said, flanks pushes etc - all a good basis for any shooter.

Soldato
I'm not really sure if having Westie and Nexus in the air is really representative of most BF4 games!!! Combine that with some of the other good inf players in the OCUK platoon and you have a fairly stacked team.

Fact is the majority of players don't play with that kind of calibre of players and TS.

Last edited:
Underboss
I'm not really sure if having Westie and Nexus in the air is really representative of most BF4 games.

No it isn't but it's the only real experience I have. Even when I did LvLBF with Joe we had ace pilots in the air and tactics.

Sure they didn't cap points but without them we would have had a harder time capping the flags we needed.

Caporegime
You can be a vehicle/kill whore whilst also PTFO!!!!!

XBDSYJy.png

:D

I use to care about the scoreboards being changed to reflect number of flags capped etc. but tbh I don't really care about it any more, I just play and enjoy the game for what it is now i.e. bringing as much rage to the enemy team as possible :p

Anyone going to be on tonight?

Soldato
I'm getting massive fps drops and dx 980 stopped working errors, no idea at all what is wrong.

Tried loads of drivers and nothing helps, ruined my whole night of gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom