The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Have popped back onto this for the first time in ages - still feeling the "let's get back into it by playing TDM" urge to start with.

Does anyone know of any bolt-action-rifle-with-iron-sights-only servers? A fiddle with the server browser failed to show any up. There used to be a few around and it was a nice way to start a session and get your eye in.

Underboss
Nah no more **** bucket stuff, got one for a competition and one that a friend has paid me to do for his new Tattoo Shop.

Might be about tonight, still feel really sleepy.

Soldato
Have popped back onto this for the first time in ages - still feeling the "let's get back into it by playing TDM" urge to start with.

Does anyone know of any bolt-action-rifle-with-iron-sights-only servers? A fiddle with the server browser failed to show any up. There used to be a few around and it was a nice way to start a session and get your eye in.

Why would you want to play with that kind of load out ? you can get bold action snipers with pistols servers....

Caporegime
Caporegime
Glad to hear every thing went ok Josh!

Unsure if I will be about tonight, will wait and see if we got a decent amount of people on first....

anyone playing with mantle at 2560x1440 how does a 290 cope vram wise on ultra?

Not sure about VRAM wise but DX VS mantle benchmarks on my rig in sig:

single player run on max settings except no AA (IIRC I had 150% res. scale though) at 2560x1080 on my rig as specced in sig, single player:

DX

gL8pec9.png

Mantle

7wN0BYL.png
That minimum FPS figure for mantle is wrong though, I never seen the FPS hit that low during that run, not sure why it reports the wrong minimum FPS figure.....

I have never had a problem with the "memory leak" issue that some users seem to be getting when using mantle but then maybe that is because I play with everything on low/off except mesh, texture filtering and terrain quality or/and don't stay on a server for much more than 3-4 games.

Yeh I will have to settle for 136 for quite some time with work during the week and I'm also getting married end of Jan and will be back in NZ for a bit.

PFFFFFFFFFFT! The wedding can be put on hold until you hit rank 140. I am sure that your fiancée won't mind :D

:p

Jets I'm rubbish too but that takes like 5x more practice or at least for me it does.

Jets are pretty easy imo, you just need to know the basics such as:

- 310 speed for dog fighting
- bind pitch up to space bar
- good awareness of vehicles and especially the enemy team AA positioning
- lots of patience! Don't go in for a strafe without flares/ECM reloaded (flares are better imo)
- when strafing a tank etc. come in from a steep angle/dive from at least 700 although if you know said vehicle is already hurt then any distance/angle will do....
- burst/tap fire the main cannons

Accuracy/target lead is pretty important and something that will just take time, best way to improve this is just to spend 15 min in the test range every day shooting the UAVs etc.

I must try to get back into sniping, loved sniping in bc 2 and bf 3! Although sniping isn't as well done in BF 4 imo.

EDIT:

TDM and 64 player..... sounds horrible! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha don't worry about that my contributions resolve around being a bullet magnet :D.

Glad it went ok josh fingers crossed for a speedy resolution now!

Permabanned
Well it was fun playing with a platoon over the Christmas break but this game will go back to freeing me up some HD space again soon.

Infantry play is still **** especially if you play as Assault. I have no idea why DICE decided that auto regeneration or generation from a dropped med pack shouldn't work or is delayed whilst being suppressed but together with the random deviation the game is unbearable unless you play in vehicles or just pre-fire. With a low amo count with assault weapons I'll be lucky to kill 2 people from one clip.

I also couldn't be bothered catching up on assignments to get weapon unlocks as it just seems a chore especially trying to get the UCAV which meant playing Air Superiority - I don't like jets!!!

There seems to be so many options also in the menu, there is simply too much!

With BF3, dpi and sensitivity was all I needed to adjust and the game played fluidly and I could control weapons just fine. But with BF4 I don't have that "feeling" of being in control of my weapons and the kills I get is more down to luck than weapon skill/control, that's even with the noobiest of setups Ace23, muzzle, ergo, lazer.

I don't know if I'm coming or going with this game compared to the BF3's menu simplicity. Just look at the options, trying to find something I'm comfortable with is proving difficult.

- Joystick Deadzone
- Uniform Aiming
- Mouse Sensitivity
- Soldier Zoom sensitivity
- Relative Aim Control
- Iron Sight Sensitivity
- Close Range Sensitivity
- Magnified Close Range Sensitivity
- Medium Range Sensitivity
- Long Range Sensitivity
- Very Long Range Sensitivity
- Coefficient

Permabanned
Mybe this will help...

:)

Cheers

Seems pretty basic video. I don't have a problem understanding the settings and what they do it's just compared to BF3 playing as infantry isn't very good. I lost my config files last time I deleted the game and that's one thing I forgot to put back in, so I'll search the thread for the ones the platoon use.

Some useful stuff there. Turned on the network frequency updates and things seemed better. Also had my audio set to surround, changed to stereo and the game sounds are so much better. Thanks for posting this up.:)

I've seen some odd combinations used by gamers with headphones. The game does all the mixing itself. Just use Headphones and Stereo in game and within your Audio Control Panel (I use Asus Xonar) use 2 Channels and Headphone out; Disable Dolby Headphone also.

Caporegime
Was on there last night, left after a few minutes due to too many hackers. Several people using wall hacks. Got shot through walls when coming up the stairs in some buildings. Kill cam clearly showed the guy lying prone waiting on people.

ignore killkam often shows wrong info.most people get spotted and just dont realize.

Caporegime
Audio wise im just using onboard sound, (which is rubbish on this board). Used to have a xonar DX but it wouldnt fit due to running sli.

@Dg, this definitely wasnt from the delay on kill cam. On floodzone, as you know when climbing the stairs to get from the ground to the roof of buildings. On the roof theres a doorway, i hadnt even got that far, too high to be shot from behind. I was hugging the wall on my right side. Saw the guy in front of me get shot from the right, (through the wall). Got to where he was and same happened to me. Wasnt near the doorway that exits onto the roof on the left.

Last edited:
Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom