The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Aren't Benq bringing out an ips 1440p 144hz monitor too? I'm more inclined to go with them than Acer but then will wait for Blurbusters to give a comprehensive review before splashing the cash. I'll have to read into all this Freesync/GSync stuff too

Caporegime
Aren't Benq bringing out an ips 1440p 144hz monitor too? I'm more inclined to go with them than Acer but then will wait for Blurbusters to give a comprehensive review before splashing the cash. I'll have to read into all this Freesync/GSync stuff too

Yup, I think so.

Caporegime
Yup, I think so.
The panels used in the swift and the upcoming acer gsync monitors are effectively benq ones anyway. Benq is the parent company of AU optronics who produce the panels.

Ill probably stick with nv and go gsync. Few guys i play bf4 with own the swift and state that the difference it makes in this game is very impressive.

Soldato
just give me a 120hz panel, 1440p, 1ms or 2ms and stunning vibrant colours for under £400 and I'll be all over like a scabby rash.

Acer might have what you need, although is probably more likely to be under £800. According to TFT Central the SWIFT has some of the best colours they have seen in a TN and is considered to be on par with some VA panels. It's not as good as my old 30" DELL but I primarily use my PC for gaming so am not bothered. I have a TV for watching movies :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another thing which I will have to consider is the aspect ratio and it will all come down to GTA 5.... If it doesn't have proper 21.9 support then I might go back to 16.9, shame as the 21.9 ar is much better and way more immersive than 16.9 for gaming IMO, it is something you need to experience for yourself to really appreciate it.

Oh and a superb anti glare finish too! This alones makes such a vast difference in image quality/clarity/sharpness.

Yup setter, you are correct there, I do hope benq and other manufacturers bring out IPS 144hz screens in order to keep the prices down and not have over priced screens by about £200 :p Pricing is the biggest problem with monitors ATM.

Tbh, I can't see myself getting any benefit in bf 4 as I already get a consistent 80fps and feels really smooth, however, the sync tech would completely remove screen tear. I wonder if the sync would fix the awful micro stuttering I get in FC 4.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup! Would love the 34" 1440 version although I would need to get a bigger desk first! :p Very over priced atm though IMO.

Westie, the Samsung va 34" probably won't be much different response time wise + it is 60hz too, main difference will be the input lag, which might be rather noticeable on the Samsung since it is va but the blacks and contrast ratio will be insanely good :cool:

Soldato
Tend to agree with Chris here regarding med packs - link it to damage and not suppression and minimize the delay. Not sure about auto heal or auto repair and his options. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Caporegime
34" is surely to big for 1440p. I'd say 27" the sweetspot to pack all those pixels into.

the 34" ultrawide res is 3440x1440 not the standard 27" 16.9 2560x1440 res. Height wise, 34" 21.9 is the same as a 27" 16.9 monitor.

Bit off topic but I would saw off my left nut for one of those new 65" curved samsung TVs - one sexy piece of kit.

Is it OLED? If not GTFO!!!!!! :D :p

Caporegime
Yeah personally I am not a big fan of curved displays, more so for TV's. I think the curve on the 34" ultrawides would be pretty good though.

Soldato
Tend to agree with Chris here regarding med packs - link it to damage and not suppression and minimize the delay. Not sure about auto heal or auto repair and his options. Thoughts?

Bloke has got a point in this video but nothing will change :D it never does dice doesn't care so we just have to get used to it.

Soldato
Samsung is 3ms i think nexus and i wont be using it for FPS games.. RPG's MMO etc ill be using it for... but still gonna wait for reviews am not in any rush..

if they dont impress im just gonna sell my 950D and TV and buy that new Acer gsync 144hz IPS if its anygood and probably get a 60+" 4k curve TV for my PS4, some decent offers at richersounds atm!

but defo a good year for monitors!

Permabanned
Thoughts?

DICE will never be able to undo what they have done. Balance isn't a phrase that exists in their HQ.

Vehicle regen is part of a perk is it not? So to drastically change it to what he is proposing will mess up many things. I was never a fan of the vehicle disable feature too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom