The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Haha well I'm not good enough to threaten the server so my seat is safe :D.

Complete **** take there though. Stupid script if it actually was accidental as they said.

Caporegime
I call BS still tbh, has happened too many times to me on that server now, either KOF admin wanted the AA or a KOF guy was fed up with getting raped on the enemy team.

"If" it was accidental then they really to sort that **** out, kick the people who have just joined, not someone who has been there for 2+ games and is in the top 5 in the current game when the round is just over half way through...

Have played on plenty of other servers with auto kick stuff and it never kicks the top players, always the last ones that joined or/and that have the lowest score.

Underboss
I call BS still tbh, has happened too many times to me on that server now, either KOF admin wanted the AA or a KOF guy was fed up with getting raped on the enemy team.

"If" it was accidental then they really to sort that **** out, kick the people who have just joined, not someone who has been there for 2+ games and is in the top 5 in the current game when the round is just over half way through...

Have played on plenty of other servers with auto kick stuff and it never kicks the top players, always the last ones that joined or/and that have the lowest score.

Does someone need a whambulance? :D

I said in chat why did they do it, someone came back with "auto admin" when I asked why it kicked people who had been in game that length of time and not a new player the same person came back and said "the script needs fixing as it has happened to him before".

Think I will be avoiding that server in future.

Caporegime
Damn right I do! I missed out on many kills with my precious AA!!!! :mad:

:p

PFFFFFT! They certainly are taking their time on "fixing" the script....

I am not that fussed on the server anyway, fast respawn for vehicles, handy enough though when we can't find any other servers.

Soldato
Afaik there's a limited number of admin consols which don't allow custom scripts outside of what is pre-installed as such it sounds like bull. If it was a script issue then I'd expect it to be affecting multiple servers.

I tried a sales pitch on 5ub to get the admin password given to one of you lot on Thursday either he didn't get it or my pitch has failed :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have ran a few BF3 and BF4 servers on release. When you setup a script to kick for members it does not kick the top player. It kicks the most recent joined.

A decent server should run:

PBBans/There is another i cant remember the name now.
Auto Balance (setup to not split squads or clans)
Ability to scale the server player size so it looks more full than it is. So if 10 players are on it will scale to a 16 player server. 20 players on a 32 server etc...

Then you can put kill streak info etc... in there if wanted.

I'm not a big fan of map voting or player kick voting as it gets abused.

Also I used to do a metro only server which was automated so no explosives apart from nades were allowed. Kill 1 person you would get a friendly warning, kill a 2nd you would get killed automatically, kill a 3rd person and you would be kicked from server.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I quite like votemap, means we can avoid the crap maps i.e. flood zone :p

I tried a sales pitch on 5ub to get the admin password given to one of you lot on Thursday either he didn't get it or my pitch has failed :(.

I don't think any of us could be trusted with such power! :D

I think AMDMatt and Valky are the only ones to have the PW etc. for the server.

Underboss
I have no interest in being a server admin, all the moaning, crying, hacking and generally noobness from people <read Nexus> would do my head in.

I'll just stick to running TS, much easier.

Would be nice to have an active admin though!

Soldato
Haha. Arrgh I targetted 5ub as he started the competition thread.

Not sure how to write a sales pitch to either of those two most of you guys bum nvidia :(.

If happily set it up and do adminy things like ban nexus when he kills me :D. Seriously though a few tweaks and it would be good.

Underboss
Haha. Arrgh I targetted 5ub as he started the competition thread.

Not sure how to write a sales pitch to either of those two most of you guys bum nvidia :(.

If happily set it up and do adminy things like ban nexus when he kills me :D. Seriously though a few tweaks and it would be good.

Running it is easy, keeping it populted when the inevitable OcUK stack would happen would be hard.

Who would join a server when all the see if 32 OcUK people on one side? Other groups of try hards with something to prove, randoms wouldn't. We would have to split teams up, apply balance etc

I just prefer jumping on random servers.

Soldato
Running it is easy, keeping it populted when the inevitable OcUK stack would happen would be hard.

Who would join a server when all the see if 32 OcUK people on one side? Other groups of try hards with something to prove, randoms wouldn't. We would have to split teams up, apply balance etc

Good point. Hmm ban all OCUK members from the server for no stacking :D.

"Beat team OCUK and get a free ssd" :D.

Wonder how that barcode reader site keeps their servers full.

Soldato
It's not the admin side of things that's a pain, all that stuff is easy if you set it up right.

The biggest problem is that you spend half the evening sitting in an empty server waiting for it to fill up, where as you can jump on a server as a clan and get going straight away.

Oh and you would have to ditch the OCUK clan tag, many would leave if they jump on a server just filling up and all that's in there is OCUK members.

Soldato

Beat me too it.

Permabanned
If stockholm spent half the time concentrating on balance, lod glitches, removing supression gimicks than putting in silly easter eggs then maybe the game would be enjoyable. They're already working on Dead Space easter eggs for Hardline :rolleyes:

Caporegime
The biggest problem is that you spend half the evening sitting in an empty server waiting for it to fill up, where as you can jump on a server as a clan and get going straight away.

I have no interest in being a server admin, all the moaning, crying, hacking and generally noobness from people <read Josh> would do my head in.

This tbh!

Not going through all of that **** again, ruins the fun in playing the game.

FACTish: They didn't put the UFO in because JOSH doesn't like games with aliens!

lol :D

Instead they are now working on some "bromance sailors animation" for Josh ;)

:p

If happily set it up and do adminy things like ban nexus when he kills me :D

Pfffffft! No one is safe from me even when banned!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom