*** The BBC F1 2012 Coverage Thread ***

Soldato
I'm surprised no-one mentioned Anderson's pen-and-paper demonstration of the Merc rear wing during the qualifying. And they say the BBC isn't trying to cut costs. :p

Soldato
OP
Chinese Grand Prix - LIVE

Schedule for the first Live race.

Friday 13 April

0255-0435 First practice from the Chinese Grand Prix, BBC Red Button

0655-0835 Second practice from the Chinese Grand Prix, BBC Red Button

Saturday 14 April

0355-0505 Third practice from the Chinese Grand Prix, BBC Red Button

0600-0830 Chinese Grand Prix - qualifying, BBC One (HD)

1300-1430 Chinese Grand Prix - qualifying replay, BBC Two and Red Button

Sunday 14 April

0700-1030 Chinese Grand Prix, BBC One (HD)

1400-1600 Chinese Grand Prix (repeat), BBC One

1900-2000 Chinese Grand Prix - highlights, BBC Three and Red Button

Associate
" Later he designed cars for Jordan (1991–1998), Stewart/Jaguar (1998–2000), and Jordan again (2002 and 2003), as well as the Spa series of open wheelers."

That is enough for me to take his word on things.

Knows more about the designing of cars than 99% of this forum do, that is for sure.

All those great race-winning cars eh? :D (Spa 1998 and Europe 1999, both rain affected lotteries)

He was fired early on in the 1998 season by EJ due to the car's poor performance that year and replaced with Mike Gascoyne. The car's performance picked up soon after and of course led to the (somewhat fortunate) win at Spa that year.

He did design one of THE most beautiful cars ever though - the Jordan 191 - and they might have done better in the early years if they hadn't gone with the appallingly unreliable Peugeot engine. Forgive me, I'm being a tad facetious :)

Seriously, I remain to be convinced about Gary Anderson. He does have something of the bumbling old(ish) man about him but it is early days and esteemed people like Ted Kravitz weren't always so polished.

Caporegime
Yep.

Who commentated on the BBC live practice coverage? I'd be tempted to watch the BBCs coverage over Skys as it doesn't have adverts, but a mate mentioned its got Leggard on it :(

Man of Honour
Yep.

Who commentated on the BBC live practice coverage? I'd be tempted to watch the BBCs coverage over Skys as it doesn't have adverts, but a mate mentioned its got Leggard on it :(

Oh no, I hope legard isn't back :( - that is all I need to start my day.

Was thinking the quali and race times were an hour earlier, so all good. Need more sleep :p

Man of Honour
Yep.

James Allen and Alguersuari on BBC 5LSX on FP2, which made me then go and watch it on Sky instead :p

Man of Honour
He wasn't too bad, better than Leggard, mainly as he was calmly commentating so doesn't get all shouty like a few years ago on ITV.

Caporegime
ive got no problem with JA aslong he knows what hes talking about and doesnt get carried away fapping live on air screaming jenson button

Soldato
When I watched practice one last night I had to turn off the BBC, It just isn't anywhere near the quality of Davidson & Crofty, Along with Brundle & Ted of course.

So what I ended up doing was keeping the BBC page open & flicking between the 2 when adverts came on. Didn't miss anything :)

Back
Top Bottom