*** The BBC F1 2012 Coverage Thread ***

Associate
I'm not feeling F1 this year due to the BBC/Sky split - anyone else feel that way?

BBC coverage today was a lot better, i actually prefer Ben and DC to blundering Brundle. The Sky coverage has been average at best, i still think they have chosen the wrong people, apart from the staff that left the BBC, which are the best thing about Sky right now, still not worth watching though.

Soldato
BBC coverage today was a lot better, i actually prefer Ben and DC to blundering Brundle. The Sky coverage has been average at best, i still think they have chosen the wrong people, apart from the staff that left the BBC, which are the best thing about Sky right now, still not worth watching though.

I completely agree. I watched the first two races on Sky and today's on the BBC and the BBC coverage was far better, especially the commentators. Ben and DC is a better pairing for race commentary than Brundle and DC. David Croft I just find incredibly irritating.

Caporegime
I preferred the BBC coverage too strangely enough, the Sky coverage just seems unprofessional by comparison like their mission is to cram in as much **** as possible, quantity over quality... for example they keep switching to that pit woman who's clearly only there as eye candy and she's chasing after a driver asking them a question and gets a 1-3 word response before they leg it, if that's the best answer she's going to get then just don't bother.

The BBC commentary also seems to work better.

Also found it interesting that Brundle acknowledged Coulthard during his pit walk but totally snubbed EJ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched the build up on BBC & then switched to Sky for the race & then back to BBC straight after. I find the BBC does that bit a lot better.

Also the skypad has to be the most pointless thing ever!

BBC wins for the Forum alone :)

Associate
Yeah he followed one of the drivers off the grid whilst talking and then came back on again and passed DC and said hello but I'm not sure if he saw EJ as the camera was behind him

found a pic elsewhere

n2vCc.jpg

Caporegime
Was this on Sky? I was wondering if the BBC would bump into them :p

Yes I was flicking between them, settled on the BBC eventually... iirc Brundle bumps into EJ at the start of his pitwalk and doesn't acknowledge him, then he bumps into DC and he's immediately up his backside.

Might not be anything in it but just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom