• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
With the beta due to open this week I figured we could post performance results to gain a collective idea of what power is required once this hits retail! Also it should ease any scare mongering with what this game actually requires, I still remember the bf3 build up ;)

Please state settings used, and the usual core components, I'm not sure if we are going to get a bench utility, so may be an idea just to record min/max/avg over the course of a round.

Especially looking forward to seeing how those on higher end multi card setups with 4 thread chips get on.

Beta starts october 1st, if you haven't already you can pre-load the beta files, weighing in at around 5.6gb via origin.

Performance chart by Gregster:

0fc42bdf3a05f4bc7040f9ca906ba24e.jpg

Up to date perf charts from LtMatt:

Latest BF4 Benchmarks DX11.1

o0ltoIS.jpg

Drivers Used
GeForce driver 334.69
Catalyst 13.12 WHQL

Source
http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5231/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-4-way-sli-review

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I should still give us an idea of what the finished article will require, especially those with lower power cards that may not be aiming for ultra :)

Ah memory usage, nearly forgot about that one, would be interested to see this too, at 1080 I'm wagering around 1750mb usage :D

Soldato
OP
^as greg pointed out, if it is high only we can cross reference results with bf3 and try work out what percentage drops ultra may bring, either way we'll get a feel for what is required.

I still remember pre beta bf3, many speculated it was going to need quad 580's and a 990x to max out which couldn't have been further from the truth :p

Soldato
OP
:D

In my defence I had no idea it would get beta access....thought that was a pre order bonus or something.

Its all win, beta access for something like 45p :p

Soldato
OP
£43 is pretty good! I'll let the beta decide if I'm going to stump up the full amount for BF4. Hopefully EA don't take the 'Tough ****' approach to customer service if it has a rough launch like BF3 did.

Soldato
OP
Damnit, beta starts at 9am, I start work at 6.30am, I finish work at 7.30pm, washed, fed, sort the nipper out, bed? Looks like I'm going to have to see what holidays I have left to take at work :D

Soldato
OP
I don't even get 'sick days' :(

Not had an illegitimate day off in nearly 4 years, I don't know why, its not as if our management could care less tbh! Just means loosing a days pay :p

Soldato
OP
Kaap you can be in my squad, need someone to divert the enemy :D

If anyone is really bored feel free to come and cover my shift so I can get home to play...I somehow doubt the pentium 4 on my work pc will handle it :(:p

Soldato
OP
Wowzer, 40fps from a 7950 with 4xmsaa! Did the amd chaps get a driver update for the beta? I hope this is down to it being an old build or at 1600p+ this is going to cripple anything thats not 3 high end cards!

Can we get some min max avg over the course of a round?

@imginy, can you host a screeny of what video options you have in bf4, see if anyhing stands out as unnecessarily high or even on.

Soldato
OP
No Paul, it is a single Titan at 1080P with the latest Betas.

2313MB used. We deffo need to see some 2GB card results.

I will run a 5 min fraps to see the min avg max.

I did see drops into 70's with big firefights but nothing too demanding and feels very much like BF3. No idea how to use commander mode but I am sure I will find out :)

Sounds good to me, I'll likely do what I did in bf3 & drop to 2xmsaa and ssao moniton blur disabled to get frame rates nice and high for 120hz :)

My 780 @ stock clocks performs around 3-5% faster then a stock titan so a nice boost to 1250mhz should see me hiting the same levels as you :)

@Matt, get cpu usage up on osd and tell us what each thread is sitting at please!

Soldato
OP
Will try and make some sort of graph for easier viewing, though if someone has more time on their hands then me to make a start that would be most welcome :)

Soldato
OP
Could users from both sides of the fence please trust me their min max avg, vram usage as well as cpu used at what speed.

I'll try update op this evening with some results for easier viewing.

Thank you :)

Edit: in game settings and resolution may help too!

Soldato
OP
i7 4770K @ 4.6GHZ
8GB 1866mhz ram
GTX780 @ stock 1110/6200mhz
Latest beta drivers
Full Ultra

1920 x 1080

Full round, 32 player map...

Min: 58
Max: 111
Avg: 80