The Big Photographic Deals thread

Soldato
Just an FYI and if anyone wants to take the risk. Panasonic are running a cashback offer on their G9 camera, I was initially told that Amazon are not participating in the offer. However, upon speaking to https://360insights.com who run the promos for Panasonic they've told me over the phone that Amazon are listed as a participating retailer.

I've now purchased a G9 from Amazon as it is now at £879 delivered. (£949 - £70 voucher).

I'm going to claim for the £100 cashback offer and see if I get the cashback.

I did purchase a G9 a few weeks back from Amazon but had to return it as they had sent me a used item, got a new one this time plus with the extra £50 saving, it's a bargain.

Soldato
Only got the Panasonic G9 last month, I was thinking about the S5 but cannot justify the purchase.

It is however a cracking deal for anyone wanting the S5 or to move to 35mm / Full Frame

Soldato
50% off Capture One at the moment using code MAY-SAVE-50 :)
Still expensive as a one off but better than Adobe subscription.
I like CO a lot and it’s been a revelation since I started shooting Fuji but I was more than a little peeved that I hadn’t owned CO 20 for even 4 months and then 21 came out. I initially got over it but I’ve since purchased an X-S10 which 20 doesn’t support :o

Last edited:
Associate
Still expensive as a one off but better than Adobe subscription.
I like CO a lot and it’s been a revelation since I started shooting Fuji but I was more than a little peeved that I hadn’t owned CO 20 for even 4 months and them 21 came out. I initially got over it but I’ve since purchase an X-S10 which 20 doesn’t support :o

What's their release cycle like? I'm on the fence since I got the X-T4, currently using the 'free' version but it's fairly limited and I don't like Lightroom that much.

I just don't want to buy 21 then have 22 come out in say, 6 months time....

Soldato
What's their release cycle like? I'm on the fence since I got the X-T4, currently using the 'free' version but it's fairly limited and I don't like Lightroom that much.

I just don't want to buy 21 then have 22 come out in say, 6 months time....
Since 2014 it seems to be annual. As I got CO20 for around £45 IIRC I got over the fact that CO21 came out not long after but it's ridiculous that they can't add X-S10 support to CO20. The files are exactly the same with same sensor/processor at X-T30 and X-T3 so there's no technical reason for them not adding support. FYI I use an EXIF editor and literally just need to change X-S10 to X-T30 and it imports but that's not a solution.

Does CO have a library function like Lightroom?
It does yes. It's probably the best I've used besides Lightroom.

Back
Top Bottom