The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
I assume that's because they know that everybody wants the classic Goldberg theme, but there's either some licensing issues or something that means that they want to use their own WWE theme for him.
So, give him the classic music for the big return, but then he gets the WWE version from there on out.

Would doubt its copyright issues, wwe just seem to like changing themes for their own versions wherever possible. Even Sting had his wcw theme in the promo' vids yet for whatever reason it was a wwe theme when he actually wrestled. Even Bret Hart off-air when he appears in wwe has his 1997 theme, yet for tv segments they use that "return" remix. Vince apparently hates to pay for music to use as he has an in-house composer, wouldn't surprise me if it was the fact goldberg was only contracted for a year in his wwe stint the first time around that they only used the invasion theme a couple of times before transitioning to the wwe remix.

It'll be telling i suppose what music is used for the match at least. I liked the wwe theme personally, so wouldn't surprise me if they use "invasion" for entrance and the wwe version for exit like they did on raw.

Soldato
So I gave up on this many years ago well about 3 years after attitude era a d I generally only watch again when the rock comes back or when older stars I liked return, I'm hearing raw is so so but smack down has really taken off again? Is this the case or is it just media over hyping one story line again?

Soldato
Smackdown has been far superior imo. They make more effort in building rivalries and stories. They don't have the in-ring talent, but they do have AJ Styles, who on his own would make it watchable. It is also a bit ore lighthearted. They are doing God work. I think Steve and Larsen (who are really good youtubers btw) described it best by saying it looks like everyone on Smackdown is enjoying themselves.
. There are no matches for the sake of matches on Smackdown. Every match you watch, you know why it is taking place, whereas RAW just seems aimless sometimes to me.

It really shows the importance of telling stories well, as I only watch smackdown now and not raw even though raw has pretty much all of my favourites wrestlers! I can safely tune in to smackdown now and know it will be fun.

Soldato
I'll have to watch it tomorrow. I am actually at work tonight on a night shift, and could watch it but I cancelled my network subscription about 4 months ago.

It does look like a pretty good card.

Caporegime
Oh Christ don't tell me they're going to have women wrestle in the actual cell..Its enough of a suspension of disbelief seeing them wrestle normally with the amount of incredibly obvious assistance they have to give each other.

Man of Honour
OP
The women's division is providing some of the most entertaining matches at the moment thanks to the rest of the roster being absolutely awful

They've headlined RAW twice in the last month and now this at a PPV, there's a reason the crowd are so hot for the women's division right now, it's entertaining

Caporegime
The women's division is providing some of the most entertaining matches at the moment thanks to the rest of the roster being absolutely awful

They've headlined RAW twice in the last month and now this at a PPV, there's a reason the crowd are so hot for the women's division right now, it's entertaining

Not saying much that the women are being made to look good by the men looking bad. The crowd was totally dead for most of last night's ppv, the only thing that got a decent pop was hometown girl sasha, and even then they had to replicate Mick Foley getting taken out on a stretcher and getting off it and into the match again like nobody would notice.

A good bit of crowd participation in the Kendrick match, he got chucked outside the ring at one point and then a fan shouted "get a ****ing haircut you hippy" at him which the cameras picked up crystal clear.:eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
An odd finish for the main event. For being the first womens Hell in a Cell match I was expecting a landmark finish, something to talk about. Was an alright match though.

Soldato
An odd finish for the main event. For being the first womens Hell in a Cell match I was expecting a landmark finish, something to talk about. Was an alright match though.

you think? i thought it was garbage, sasha spent most of the match on her back. was a couple of decent moves but as a "history making" headline match it was a tedious embarassment.

Back
Top Bottom