The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime

When finishers were actually impressive even though it did get watered down over the years. Looking at crap like the styles clash in comparison makes me roll my eyes considering the recipient is a couple of feet from the mat at most.

Soldato
More and more suggest that the only option for TNA is going to be a buyout from WWE. There has to be a load of wrestlers that have burned their bridges in WWE that will be bricking themselves... Gail Kim for a start lol.

Soldato

When finishers were actually impressive even though it did get watered down over the years. Looking at crap like the styles clash in comparison makes me roll my eyes considering the recipient is a couple of feet from the mat at most.

Theres a pretty damn good reason finishers like that had to go.

Soldato
can't imagine WWE will buy TNA, this has been flitting around discussion boards for about a decade. the fact TNA's finances get worse and worse perhaps adds a bit mroe credence but as others pointed out i don't think VKM would fork out the money when he could just wait for the fire sale.
It's a shame though, it could provide a really good storyline [something WWE has been lacking for some time] by playing it like the WCW take-over, company vs company etc

Soldato
I don't think they will buy them outright and TNA continue to be an entity. If WWE buys TNA it will be for the tape libraries for the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Ares, Bobby Rood along with cherry picking their talent to bolster now 3 x rosters.

Caporegime
Theres a pretty damn good reason finishers like that had to go.

Yeah, wrestlers got sloppy at doing them. Even a regular pile-driver these days is a rarity but jumping off the top rope, flipping 360 degrees and landing on someone is fine and dandy. The tombstone is more risky than a regular piledriver yet its still in use, WWE just outright banned the regular piledriver because of Austins neck injury, negating to clue into the fact that Owen Hart essentially done a sitdown Tombstone.

Theres far more risky moves being done in the ring these days.

That was the last regular variation Piledriver done in wwe.

Last edited:
Soldato
A move so dangerous it breaks necks and can cause paralysis, and ofc John Cena kicks out :p

I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in wrestling since the brand split, and both special events for each brand didn't feel all that special, more like an episode of Raw or Smackdown. The split is good and bad, more wrestlers getting TV time so earning more money, but how are we gunna get AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens now?

Caporegime
A move so dangerous it breaks necks and can cause paralysis, and ofc John Cena kicks out :p

I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in wrestling since the brand split, and both special events for each brand didn't feel all that special, more like an episode of Raw or Smackdown. The split is good and bad, more wrestlers getting TV time so earning more money, but how are we gunna get AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens now?

Wrestling has been pretty crap for years now, I always used to watch raw smackdown and the ppv's, now I only occasionally watch the highlights on the website, royal rumble and mania.

The promos are so badly scripted its painful to watch, you can tell a mile away when people are using someone else's writing as they don't sound as if they believe themselves. I swear that "each and every one of you" rhetoric needs consigned t the bin as they've been using the same spiel for over a decade now, its like a line that HAS to be included at all costs when someone is addressing the crowd. And the way wwe is so "PC" these days is equally pathetic, suspending people at the merest hint of any issues.

That dumb little table segment they do with Rene Young and assorted retirees at the ppv's trying to mimic legit sports also makes me roll my eyes. And Vince's obsession with this "superstar and sports entertainment" schtick is equally sad, the words "wrestler and wrestling" seem to be pretty much banned from ever being said by anyone involved with wwe. Despite the fact that's what's it is.

Monday night wars were the pinnacle of wrestling, these days its just half assed schlock with "superstars" that have the charisma of a nice big puddle of diarrhoea.

Soldato
I watched raw this week for the first time in a while and I thought it was painful tbh... Well apart from jericho who is awesome. He and owens were both great all night, and they brought the best out of TND too. Overall though, nobody looks like they are enjoying themselves. It isn't in the same league as smackdown, which has been truly rejuvenated by the brand split.

Raw also seems a lot more scripted than smackdown. On SD you can tell they have been let loose now and seem to be enjoying it. In contrast, most of the guys on raw still look stiff. I think the worst two for this are Roman and Sasha Banks.

They showed a weird video package claiming that Gallows and Anderson were some kind of force to be reckoned with that run over everyone in front of them...seriously? They are a joke!

Last edited:
Soldato
https://twitter.com/justinlabar/status/783706620505260033
Just got a text saying #WWE to buy TNA video library & Billy Corgan is going to be new majority owner of TNA that he'll likely rebrand. Wow!

So, apparently that's happened. WWE gets the library they want, Corgan gets to start the whole promotion aftesh with a load of money. Honestly, this is probably the best option for them; WWE gets the only bit they cared about, Corgan gets enough money to keep TNA going as well as potentially giving it the kickstart it needs. Assuming they can keep their TV deal.

In other news, apparently we're getting Lesnar Vs Goldberg at survivor series. Though they're leaving it a little late for building that up.

Soldato
Yeah, wrestlers got sloppy at doing them. Even a regular pile-driver these days is a rarity but jumping off the top rope, flipping 360 degrees and landing on someone is fine and dandy. The tombstone is more risky than a regular piledriver yet its still in use, WWE just outright banned the regular piledriver because of Austins neck injury, negating to clue into the fact that Owen Hart essentially done a sitdown Tombstone.

Theres far more risky moves being done in the ring these days.

That was the last regular variation Piledriver done in wwe.

Meanwhile in the CWC, Kendrick busts out what is legit one of the more dangerous moves out there, the burning hammer:

Just watch it in slow motion, you're essentially spiking someone on their head, and even though it looks like Ibushi is taking most of the impact onto his left shoulder, there's very little room for error. Easily way more dangerous than a piledriver.

Back
Top Bottom