The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
I know, I am sooo happy! I REALLY cant believe that they had Jinder drop the title before the tour of india.. But what a fantastic descision! Brock vs AJ at Survivor Series will be epic I REALLY hope they don't go the smaller guy gets the beating like they did with Orton. Hang on.. Didn't AJ Beat Brock in NJPW?

Soldato
Wow that pop for AJ was fantastic and well deserved. I can see AJ and Brock putting on an amazing match with Brock winning but a show of mutual respect. Jinder to win the belt back SmackDown next show with interference. The AJ to win the title back at Rumble and then an amazing rematch at Mainia with Brock with AJ winning for an incredible mania moment! Take My Money!

Soldato
2erxbOy. Png

2erxbOy.jpeg
2ERXBOY.JPG

Last edited:
Caporegime

It's a pity Show really can't deliver the chokeslam like that anymore, its went from an insane height to a dinky couple of feet hop over the years, obviously age is a factor but its sort of surprising just how much the height has diminished over the years.

Caporegime

Bit of a depressing video, one of Andres last wrestling appearances. His weight had shot up noticeably from even his later wwf days, he's badly stooped over and clearly in a lot of pain. Not sure why he even wrestled at that point in his life as he had plenty of money and owned his own ranch.

Associate
Have you ever seen the film 'The Wrestler'? The whole allure of chasing past glories and the addiction of the crowd probably played into it. Look at all the old guys who just can't keep away. They roll Undertaker out once a year. Triple H likes to make the odd appearance. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised to see the stylin', profilin' Ric Flair in another match and he's nearly died recently!

Caporegime
Have you ever seen the film 'The Wrestler'? The whole allure of chasing past glories and the addiction of the crowd probably played into it. Look at all the old guys who just can't keep away. They roll Undertaker out once a year. Triple H likes to make the odd appearance. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised to see the stylin', profilin' Ric Flair in another match and he's nearly died recently!

True but flair and the nose don't have many (if any) mobility issues, Andre had mobility issues back in the early 80's and they worsened drastically towards the 90's. Undertaker has had a bad hip for quite some time, but at the same time he didn't have close to the issues Andre had. It's sad that some of them want the crowd to cheer them so much they have to basically crawl to the ring and perform virtually nothing even remotely close to what they could do. I remember undertaker back in 2002 criticising Hogan for still being in the ring, but he ended up doing the same thing, he gets blown up barely 5 minutes into a match as he tries to do what he used to instead of pacing himself like Hogan learned to do as he was getting on a bit.

Sad thing is wwe is happy to trot just about anyone into the ring just for another nights takings based on nostalgia.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good on him. He had a good run and can now go back to the indies probably commanding a higher fee.
I thought he was used well over his run most of the time. Not all the time, but mostly

Caporegime
Good on him. He had a good run and can now go back to the indies probably commanding a higher fee.
I thought he was used well over his run most of the time. Not all the time, but mostly

According to Jericho he was signed to a multi year deal, that part obviously didn't work as WWE contracts might as well be toilet paper, but its gained him more bookings and a higher fee as you say.

Soldato
Business is not good right now.

The arena looks far from full for the NXT event.

Some very choosey camera shots :D

Also.. does someone have a drum or something in the crowd?

Last edited:
Soldato
good luck to the main roster...NXT has aced another PPV.

Didn't like the Drew finish but not sure if the injury played a part, best of luck on his recovery, could be out a while though.
Also hope Wolfe is OK, that looked nasty.

Caporegime
That was one pretty half assed main event, Triple H in the early going got most of the ring time for team Raw (despite being "retired"), the whole match just seemed to be very short awkward segments. Angle looked very anxious and he was caught out a couple of times just standing around waiting for a spot to be hit. Why exactly is Shane still "wrestling"? If there's something tall to fall off then give him a call, if not then he should gtfo. For some reason it takes 5 men to suplex strowman through a table (apparently a billed 385 lbs takes 5 men whereas 500lbs takes 2), then you have Cena "struggling" to hit the AA on him despite the fact he's done it to a much larger Big Show (at one point a legit 530lbs) numerous times ( wwe again banking on the fans memory not being longer than 5 seconds).

We had the usual spot of the "big man" getting taken out for a large portion of the match so as not to expose his short comings. Then the usual Survivor Series gimmick of people not being able to interfere in pinfalls for some weird reason unless it served a purpose (balor hitting the double stomp after shane broke up a pinfall). Apparently making the save in a 2 man tag match is fine but when it comes to SS everyone's afraid to break up a pin and just stands on the apron looking in helplessly (wwe logic at play yet again).

Overall, bleh.

Back
Top Bottom