1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Steedie, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Gerard

Caporegime

So it seems the Undertaker and Goldberg are slated to appear at the next wwe saudi show....

0_o

2. Steedie

Man of Honour

Undertaker is going to be the next Ric Flair, wrestling in to his 70’s

3. Gerard

Caporegime

Gonna be interesting to see the reception Goldberg gets....

As for Undertaker, yup long past his prime and still tries to keep going, might only be a couple of times a year but it only takes a few minutes of him being in a regular match and he looks like he needs oxygen.

4. Gerard

Caporegime

Apparently Goldberg is facing Undertaker at the next Saudi show...So giving the Saudi's what they want, a Gravedigger burying a Jew.

5. wolfie138

Wise Guy

I've finally pulled the trigger and cancelled Sky Sports, giving up on WWE after about 20 years. it's just not fun any more. the PG era was the death knell it seemed, even though they're edging back on a few things, and the 3 hour should just nailed the coffin shut. the plotting and writing is just rubbish, the promos are pretty much uninventive and tedious across the board, you can tell they're just dragging **** out to fill air time. The amount of wrestling is less that 1/3 of the air time, I watch w/ FFWD on more than actual watching, it seems. Things picked up a bit after the godawful ratings around Dec when they claimed they were listening and we'd see new faces etc etc, and it lasted about 2 weeks, now not only is it the same faces each show, but it's the same damn faces that are doing the cross-overs too! Loads of talent are being ignored or wasted, so it's time to save myself a few quid a month.
    I also stopped getting PPVs, which would have been unthinkable a decade or so ago. the prices went up, the matches were just generic thing rather than feud resolutions etc, and i'm effing sick of matches being on pre-shows, which I don't get on Sky. I look on wrestlinginc or such for the card and order if it seems to be worth the dosh; at the mo, MITB is yet another miss, I can't stomach another charlotte flair match.

6. kurosagi01

Gangster

They just killed it introducing this whole special gust Superstar appearance in either brand now, what was the point of the shake up and moving superstars to different brands? Pointless and the direction and writing gotten dumb since.

7. Gerard

Caporegime

There was a post made a few days ago by an alleged insider phoning into a podcast, assuming this is legit it points to 1 person being the problem, no prizes for guessing who it is.

So basically the 73 year old "chairman" who somehow thinks he's in touch with what people in their teens\twenties\thirties etc wants is the cause of the issues. Pity he can't somehow get voted out, it baffles me that they allegedly have 37 writers yet every show looks and feels like it was thrown together 2 minutes before airtime due to Vince constantly changing his mind, micromanaging and generally dicking around.

8. robfosters

Caporegime

Flair was still in half decent condition though, Taker’s body is in absolute bits. He’s gonna end up putting himself in a wheelchair, the silly sod. You’d think the docs would be a bit tougher with him.

9. kurosagi01

Gangster

Hence why you see Cody and Y2J not at the WWE anymore, even if they got offered more money they still don't want to go back because of Vince.

10. Gerard

Caporegime

The man is a loon, he needs to accept he's not the "Genius" that only he and he alone thinks he is. But he's too stubborn to quit, he thinks he knows best, he's already stated on a few occasions he would never retire. Whats the point of having 30+ writers if all their ideas constantly get rejected and the show is just slapped together? He's succeeded in making "wrestling" a lot more complicated than it ever should have to be.

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  12. Gerard

Caporegime

13. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

14. ThestigGT999

Soldato

RIP too young

15. Gerard

Caporegime

And Vince brings back the most boring "wrestler" of recent times (lesnar) to walk into the ring, climb the ladder and win the main event last night.

:rolleyes:

16. Clov!s

Capodecina

17. Omaeka

Sgarrista

Heard about Ashley just now, as a kid I was crazy about Lita until Ashley debuted and blew me away (for her wrestling I swear), very shocking news. If any of the allegations are true I hope AEW burns WWE to the ground.

If anyone is interested, a fundraiser was put up for her daughter.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/AshleyMassarosDaughterEducationalFund

18. robfosters

Caporegime

What’s that new AEW wrestling all about. They’ve even got their first PPV on ITV box office tonight, with Y2J wrestling. Cody Rhodes is wrestling his bro, Dustin as well.

Apparently it’s backed by the fella who owns Fulham and wants to buy Wembley, Shahid Khan, and his son Tony.

19. cu3ed

Capodecina

Watched the AEW show. For such and early outing it was damn good. Wrestlers with more interesting moves and characters. Way better actual wrestling, little time on dumb stories. Jr doing commentary etc. You can just tell they are trying to be different and it's refreshing.
    Dusty went a bit crazy with the cut and blood though.
    No shaky cam, no dodgy highlight reel speeding and slowing things down etc.
    Also Jack Whitehall announcing the best to Bret Hart bringing it to the ring.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  20. wolfie138

Wise Guy

just watched AEW PPV, best thing i've seen in a long time, reminded me why i liked wrestling. 4 hour show, about 3:30 of wrestling, instead of WWE having 50 mins on a 3hr show or the like. will definitely watch the TV if it comes to a channel i have but probably not another PPV - the TVPlayer streamer is 'ing useless w/ my caccy broadband and hardly buffers so you can build up some stop-free time. i still have the old Sky digibox and they don't support them >:-(