The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
My concern is AEW now being picked up by TNT in the UK and going behind a pay wall that I won't be willing to stump for. I pay the £7 month or whatever for Fite/Triller, but won't go too much higher. Certainly not the £30 TNT's package requires.

Associate
My concern is AEW now being picked up by TNT in the UK and going behind a pay wall that I won't be willing to stump for. I pay the £7 month or whatever for Fite/Triller, but won't go too much higher. Certainly not the £30 TNT's package requires.
Could always watch on ITV?

All depends on whether Khan values being on Triller more than having synergy and the shows being on TNT like in the US I guess.

Associate
I mean it’s what we probably all wanted the Network to be-the one stop shop for everything: Raw, SD, NXT and the PPV’s. Just now it’s going to be on Netflix.

For the UK/international fans that already have a Netflix subscription, while I expect a price increase between now and the end of the year, it’s an absolute steal in terms of value. And I fully expect that once the Peacock deal expires at the end of 2025 the US will follow suit.

Soldato
I'm going to guess we may need TV license to watch it "live" at 2am on top of the netflix subscription?
At least that is my understanding on the need for TV license.

Will depend if it's actually 'live' or not really but as with anything TV license related, what's theoretically required vs what you'll practically get away with without any fuss are entirely different things.

Soldato
Could always watch on ITV?

All depends on whether Khan values being on Triller more than having synergy and the shows being on TNT like in the US I guess.
I started on ITV, but the unskippable adverts, when watching catchup, just did my head in, especially if I just wanted to dip in and watch a specific bit of the show.

I think it'll cone down to money. If they get more to go on a subscription channel, that's what they'll do. Albeit supporting All In as a flagship annual event would be benefitted by staying on free to air ITV to get the most eyeballs.

Associate
Meltzer confirming that archive content from the Network will be moving to Netflix but not sure on how much of it will be on there.

You’d have to say at a minimum the PPV’s/TV will be on there.

Back
Top Bottom