The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime

Seems Brock has been re-added back to the wwe site. So presumably reappearing at some point.

Soldato
Loving watching the Raw/Smackdown highlights each week on YouTube. Rock coming in has really made it mildly interesting again. Looking forward to seeing how Wrestlemania unfolds this weekend!

Associate
Loving watching the Raw/Smackdown highlights each week on YouTube. Rock coming in has really made it mildly interesting again. Looking forward to seeing how Wrestlemania unfolds this weekend!

The highlights are edited well enough to get the main action and the extended segments if want to dig deeper. Looking forward to WM this weekend. Just need to sort out sleeping patterns. Was half tempted to go into London and watch it but set-up at the official bar seems not worth it.

Caporegime
I only casually watch Royal Rumble every year these days, mainly for the cameos. Used to be a huge fan in my younger years, mainly in the attitude era but for the last 15-20 years I've not really watched it much.

Since this year's rumble i've been keeping an eye on the results and watching all the clips of the Great One back on Raw and his own show, Smackdown. The youtube algorithm has realised and showed me so many shorts of classic Rock on the mic (@ wwelegacy account). Even today he's just as electric on the mic as back then. I've watched him pop up every now and then over the last 10 years and his stint against Cena before that, but this time he seems to be staying around for a much longer story line. The new owners must be paying him hollywood money to pop up every week, and he clearly has no films in production at the moment.

I don't follow it enough these days to know if the plan was to make him Face and they changed their mind after the Cody CryBabies started their whining or whether he was gonna turn heel all along. Either way, no-one plays a tweener heel like The Rock (maybe Stone Cold comes close). I didn't even realise WM is a 2 day show these days, but I'm gonna try to catch the second night if I can stay up!

rp2000

Associate
I only casually watch Royal Rumble every year these days, mainly for the cameos. Used to be a huge fan in my younger years, mainly in the attitude era but for the last 15-20 years I've not really watched it much.

Since this year's rumble i've been keeping an eye on the results and watching all the clips of the Great One back on Raw and his own show, Smackdown. The youtube algorithm has realised and showed me so many shorts of classic Rock on the mic (@ wwelegacy account). Even today he's just as electric on the mic as back then. I've watched him pop up every now and then over the last 10 years and his stint against Cena before that, but this time he seems to be staying around for a much longer story line. The new owners must be paying him hollywood money to pop up every week, and he clearly has no films in production at the moment.

I don't follow it enough these days to know if the plan was to make him Face and they changed their mind after the Cody CryBabies started their whining or whether he was gonna turn heel all along. Either way, no-one plays a tweener heel like The Rock (maybe Stone Cold comes close). I didn't even realise WM is a 2 day show these days, but I'm gonna try to catch the second night if I can stay up!

rp2000

I'm in the same boat as you. Big fan in the 90s into around 2002 and then just lost interest and never followed it until last year around MITB and since then casual fan again but since the RR this year been intrigued by The Rock and his return and HHH direction he is taking the brand. It's stacked with so much talent and can follow different stars and their battles.

Caporegime
Checking online, in Spain at least, the only way to watch it is to subscribe to WWE network. It's only 3.99 a month and can be cancelled at anytime.

Seems too good to be true, but for that price, i'll pay even if I don't manage to stay up!

Has anyone watched past events live via their streaming subscription? Is the quality at least 1080p?

rp2000

Man of Honour
OP
Checking online, in Spain at least, the only way to watch it is to subscribe to WWE network. It's only 3.99 a month and can be cancelled at anytime.

Seems too good to be true, but for that price, i'll pay even if I don't manage to stay up!

Has anyone watched past events live via their streaming subscription? Is the quality at least 1080p?

rp2000

Subbed to the network since it began and it's well worth it. 1080p is annoyingly the best you'll get, still don't know why they don't do 4K. Now that they are getting rid of WWE Network and moving it all to Netflix, we'll hopefully get 4K

But in the mean time, it's definitely worth 3.99! I pay 9.99 and I'd say it's worth it. Aside from the PPV live streams, the other content on there is amazing

Last edited:
Associate
WWE Network is decent. The extra shows and the nostalgia also makes up for the subscription especially leading up to WM.

Watched some classic matches last night.

96 Mania Bret Vs Shawn Iron Man was crazy show of wrestling.

I'm also appreciating the heels from that era. Being younger you just hated them but looking back they made it what it is also along the stars you rooted for.

Caporegime
Subbed to the network since it began and it's well worth it. 1080p is annoyingly the best you'll get, still don't know why they don't do 4K. Now that they are getting rid of WWE Network and moving it all to Netflix, we'll hopefully get 4K

But in the mean time, it's definitely worth 3.99! I pay 9.99 and I'd say it's worth it. Aside from the PPV live streams, the other content on there is amazing

Thanks. I subscribed. double checked and that is the normal price in Spain. Maybe there is less content, although I can see all the TV shows and historical PPVs and I only really want 1 event.

WWE Network is decent. The extra shows and the nostalgia also makes up for the subscription especially leading up to WM.

Watched some classic matches last night.

96 Mania Bret Vs Shawn Iron Man was crazy show of wrestling.

I'm also appreciating the heels from that era. Being younger you just hated them but looking back they made it what it is also along the stars you rooted for.

This is my fear. I just don't have enough time for the nostalgia trip. Cancelled my subscription already.

So now I have 30 days of nostalgia! Definitley WM 12 (96) and WM 13 (97) are up there in my eyes. 12 was the end of the old WWF (and also Austin's first appearance on the showcase of the immortals!) as by 13 the attitude era had truly begun. Austin passing out from blood loss in the submission match to the Hitman at WM 13 and then turning face was the real beginning of the attitude era for me.

rp2000

Associate
Enjoy the trip down memory lane @rp2000
I am also getting the @ wwelegacy bits on my algorithm and the amount of stuff they got away with is crazy. PG era is not the same but maybe Netflix will change that.
I had forgotten some of the matches so will watch that Hitman Stone Cold one.

WM going two days was during Covid and it has stuck ever since I think. They can maximise the weekend revenue and put on more story lines and entertainment.

One day WM needs to come to the UK and pack out Wembley or Twickenham or even Spurs ground.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I didn't realise it's 4 hours each night!

By my count that makes WM Night 1 1am-5am local time, followed by Japanese Grand prix at 7am-9am.

The craziness begins in 1hr40m!

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Womens match was good.

I'll take a break during this Ladders rubbish. Don't know who most of the 12 people are but Ladders is rubbish unless you have some Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian or Hardy Boyz in the ring.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom