The Black Friday 17 Thread! - pls make sure you understand competitor rules

Soldato
Been considering getting the Logitech G29 Wheel for a while - It's currently down to £128.99 for the wheel and pedals - Is that a good price? Should I go for it? :p

Soldato
got a steam link for £11 ish all in - pretty happy with that.
Also ordered a bunch of the marvel ultimate graphic novel collection that i didn't have (half price at the moment)

Soldato
I grabbed the Nintendo Switch with Mario Odyssey for £279 last night, sold out now but worth keeping an eye out for if it comes back in stock. It's exactly what my kids wanted for Christmas - a bit pricey for a Christmas present but I'll be using it too!

Man of Honour
wanted to try some minimalist shoes and well my old walking shoes are totally dead, so ordered some Freet Bootee AYR, 25% discount. See how i get on with them.
think that will be my one and only purchase.

Soldato
Have to say rather underwhelmed with the BF deals this year across all retailers .....

Some good deals on ryzen, kabylake-x, some 4k tv's and a few other bits but otherwise very meh...

Glad I didn't hold of on buying a dji spark for example... Bought it a few weeks ago for a £100 less then seem it on a 'deal' today for!

Last edited:
Soldato
This. £100 for three bulbs! Do they cure cancer or something?

It saves you time by not having to switch them on at the light switch.....so long as your phone is nearby. Plus if you have an echo you can just talk to it....although I will admit it's a bit hit and miss at times.
Google home is a no no though, all my lights are off yet google thinks 9 of them are on.

Man of Honour
It saves you time by not having to switch them on at the light switch.....so long as your phone is nearby. Plus if you have an echo you can just talk to it....although I will admit it's a bit hit and miss at times.
Google home is a no no though, all my lights are off yet google thinks 9 of them are on.
as well as diming and colour change.
i dont know about you but bright ceiling lights are horrible, but also needed occasionally.
Also having them reduce blue light in the evening to help sleep is a big draw for me.

Caporegime
Google Home works fine with all mine.

Handy if you leave lights on downstairs, just ask Google home mini in the bedroom to turn them off :)

My girlfriend works from home and suffers from a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder - So the 'Energise' mode has really been positive for her.

Soldato
I grabbed the Nintendo Switch with Mario Odyssey for £279 last night, sold out now but worth keeping an eye out for if it comes back in stock. It's exactly what my kids wanted for Christmas - a bit pricey for a Christmas present but I'll be using it too!

where was that?

Back
Top Bottom