The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I thought it was good. Lots of fan service and very similar to the Mando series. Did like the intro of

Hutt Twins and Ex Gladiator Dark Wookie

Soldato
I had forget to say before but DAMN! Jennifer Beals(Owner of the cantina/brothel) still looks incredible 58... :eek:

Thinking back over the episode it was obvious that in part was inspired by Laurence of Arabia and still has a western vibe, maybe not to the extent of The Mandalorian but its till there in my opinion.

Soldato
The trains been travelling at crazy speed for ages, but the tuskens just happen to be where it crashes.

Yeah, that was a little odd/convenient I thought.

I thought it was brilliant. Real Star Wars Lore and backstory.

I guess this is why I don't rate it like some. I'm not a huge fan, so I just see it as a TV show where the characters could be almost anyone... and for me it's a realise simple show with a pretty basic script (all done very well though). For example, the interaction with the Hutts could probably have been written by an 8 year old I thought...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
My biggest issue right now is not being convinced by Boba's motives for taking over Jaba's position. Just doesn't strike me as the crime overlord type.

Permabanned
Yeah, that was a little odd/convenient I thought.

I guess this is why I don't rate it like some. I'm not a huge fan, so I just see it as a TV show where the characters could be almost anyone... and for me it's a realise simple show with a pretty basic script (all done very well though). For example, the interaction with the Hutts could probably have been written by an 8 year old I thought...

dude, there was an evil black wookie! EVIL! BLACK! WOOKIE! Whats not to like!

Caporegime
Honestly the one thing that bugs me is when Boba is speaking with his helmet off and these massive white teeth that seem to be trying their best to escape his mouth are constantly on show. He must have had dental implants or something at Cheshire Cat Dental as they weren't like that when he played Jango 20 years ago.

Man of Honour
Honestly the one thing that bugs me is when Boba is speaking with his helmet off and these massive white teeth that seem to be trying their best to escape his mouth are constantly on show. He must have had dental implants or something at Cheshire Cat Dental as they weren't like that when he played Jango 20 years ago.

I noticed that too :D

Soldato
While I’m liking the show, bobba fett like jango was meant to be one the best bounty hunters in the galaxy, if not the best. He even for someone injured doesn’t come of like that on the show.

Associate
While I’m liking the show, bobba fett like jango was meant to be one the best bounty hunters in the galaxy, if not the best. He even for someone injured doesn’t come of like that on the show.

My personal headcannon of this, is that Boba when first captured, they was very much still the old feared Bounty Hunter Boba. Right up to when he first attempted to escape. The help offered to the Rhodian was not for their sake, but actually to help him as cover during the escape, etc if needed; What you'd want to ensure your survival and be happy to sacrifice. But the Tuskan Kid changed all that as he saw himself in the kid. And this only developed further when the Goro creature came out the sands and Boba fought for his own survival. But then saw the kid react as he did as a child towards Jango (inspired through respect of prowess and not necessarily fear) and felt obligated to return the child back to the Tuskans safely in seeing themselves in the child. This lead to the show of respect at their return and that started the change to Boba as we see them now in the main time. Where previously, he fought to be recognised and known through the old ways of might and fear; now they recognise that there's another route they could take that still yields the same end result and they prefer that method, especially with the injuries sustained.

But that's just my take on it. :)

Caporegime
4428-D85-A-51-F0-40-AA-AB84-218586-A35-A2-B-1-201-a.jpg

Pretty much sums this drivel up for me. Woke Fett. It's not even half as good as Mandalorian. They even ignored the canon as to what mos espa looks like. The fight scene when he made his own stick was hilarious too, Star Wars always insists on that spinning attack when in range, like it's some amazing move to turn your back to someone who could just hit you. But Boba span so slowly it was laughable.

Soldato
It's the typical game approach, ie in the intro your some super power overload, then something happens, loose all your powers and you have to build back up. I suspect we are seeing Boba on his path to regain his superiority.
Kotor style

Soldato
4428-D85-A-51-F0-40-AA-AB84-218586-A35-A2-B-1-201-a.jpg

Pretty much sums this drivel up for me. Woke Fett. It's not even half as good as Mandalorian. They even ignored the canon as to what mos espa looks like. The fight scene when he made his own stick was hilarious too, Star Wars always insists on that spinning attack when in range, like it's some amazing move to turn your back to someone who could just hit you. But Boba span so slowly it was laughable.

Have to agree, I watched the first episode and was wtf, they have to make all the main characters good in some way despite their history and past character development.

Why couldn't they stay true to him been a scum bounty hunter with no morals, if he was good as we now see then why did he work for jabba or be a bounty hunter full stop.

Sense it makes not.

Back
Top Bottom