The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Butcher's accent sounds part English, part South African. It's really odd.

Also, missed opportunity? Simon Pegg is in this, and in the comics, the main character looks exactly like Simon Pegg. Yet he plays the man's dad.

Associate
Butcher's accent sounds part English, part South African. It's really odd.

Also, missed opportunity? Simon Pegg is in this, and in the comics, the main character looks exactly like Simon Pegg. Yet he plays the man's dad.

At one point he definitely went back to a New Zealand accent in E1 , wasnt exactly sure what he's supposed to be, haven't read the comics. But hes full blown Ray Winstone most of the time, so presumably Cockney.

Simon Peggs accent is pretty bad though.

But besides accents, enjoying it a lot, 3 in.

Watched the first two episodes tonight. Enjoying it overall, bit slow in places but it is world building still. The casting is great and there are some most amusing parts. Carl Urban and Jack Quaid make an unlikely team, but it works well.

Looking forward to more.

Associate
Accidentally found this whilst looking for a film to watch on prime last night, ended up spending 6 hours watching the whole lot.
Pretty gory and the dark humour is great , Amazon already green lit a second season so cant wait for that.
Thought it was strange that the 1st episode came with warnings that the episode contains Adult Content,Graphic Language ,Graphic Violence,Nudity, strong Sexual content and rape.
Realized why after a few minutes , its definitely not for kids.

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm, got a free day, do I game or binge The Boys? It's a hard choice as with a two year old, I rarely get to game. Also wife really wants to see it so might have to watch twice.

Strong reviews already, averaging over 9 on imdb.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched episode 1.
I think I need to re-watch as scene switches seem a little disjointed. Was it a random chance that Hughie sat beside starlight on a park bench or was that somehow staged?

Soldato
OP
Well if your wife wants to watch it, just wait for her, surely?

Well seems like an easy decision, however it's taken us almost an entire month to watch Stranger Things season 3 (only 8 episodes) due to working hours, looking after the little one and our own individual personal commitments.

I guess i'm asking if anyone thinks this has easy rewatchability as i'm frankly impatient and itching to start :D

Back
Top Bottom