The "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat

Mat

Soldato

Yes, very well put Scuzi. That points to a very important point whereby Angus' posts are going to be very hard to interpret if the 'reader' has to use an automatic reader. This throws in the very real problem of discrimination in as much as visually impaired readers are unable to choose whether to use the bracketed information or not as it is all read out to them regardless.

Poor show Angus, poor show.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I (for one) found the above mentioned article (on the use of brackets ((or "bracketing" )) very helpful. I'd like to see this system (regardless of general opinion) introduced to any [and all] future posts by fellow OCUK members <non gender specific use of word "fellow" implying a kindred spirit within this forum {electronic though it is} My son (being of the age of 13 years old) will no doubt adopt this technique when commiting himself <and of course no others> to his upcoming exams. In closing yes

You missed a '>.' after "{electronic though it is}".

Youre doing it wrong :p

Soldato
The thing is, the "bracketing system" works fine, if being SPOKEN! talking, you can adjust your voice, and explain better the things (that should be in brackets) but it in text it looks obscure (nay, perhaps even ridiculous) and words looks trapped [perhaps imprisioned] inside what can be a mass of brackets, ending a sentence with )]>}

Just use a new line, and smash the hell out of your shift & [ ] keys!

({[<TimBrad>}])

Soldato
No. (This thread has not gone to the [loose {so to speak}] plan I intended).

Angus Higgins

wrong2.jpg

Man of Honour
Your last bit baffles me as you say it can be more effiecient for the reader but it wholly isn't. You seem to think people can just block stuff out that's in brackets if they don't want to read but it's nigh on impossible to do so. The reader has to scan past it to get to parts which you think they desire and brackets just add too much clutter. Now if readers had swanky multi colur filtering glasses on then maybe your posting style would work(if you used colours[instead of brackets{.}])

Colours wouldn't help anywhere near as much as you think they would because of the way human attention and our system for reading words works.

Soldato
Why is he being allowed to post like this when its already been said that he`s just trolling and the style he posts is damn irritating to read.

All for attention....

Associate
I suggest:
noobangus.jpg

The bracket system wont catch on, stop trying to wind people up. Go out and get a girlfriend or something, spend your time doing better things tbh..

How he is allowed to get away with this is beyond me :confused:

Associate
The truth is Angus is a viral marketing campaign for a new Schwarzenegger movie entitled Parenthesis in which Arnie battles a rampaging army of mutated bracket monsters brought to life by an evil dictator.

Associate
OP
I do genuinely (I believe [upon the evidence I have obtained from medial professionals]) have some form of problem that causes the "bracket system" , or "bracketing system" (as named by myself) to be appealing (not that I expect many people to believe me upon this [as they have not met me in real life]).

I find it incredibly hard to understand why people think differently about the "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself) to how I do. (This is why I ask). I am not trying to annoy people. (The Internet is my preferred method of communication).

Angus Higgins

Permabanned
I do genuinely (I believe [upon the evidence I have obtained from medial professionals]) have some form of problem that causes the "bracket system" , or "bracketing system" (as named by myself) to be appealing (not that I expect many people to believe me upon this [as they have not met me in real life]).

I find it incredibly hard to understand why people think differently about the "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself) to how I do. (This is why I ask). I am not trying to annoy people. (The Internet is my preferred method of communication).

Angus Higgins
FAIL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom