Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Child benefit limit raised to £50,000

Will be phased out when someone in a houshold has an income of more than £50,000. It will fall by 1% for every £100 earned over £50,000. Only those earning more than £60,000 will lose the entirety of the benefit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Even though I don't fit the typical Conservative image, I'm working class, I feel the country is in more responsible hands than with Labour.

I think more people need to understand how much debt we are in. It can't be sorted by giving hand outs and credits all the time.
The Conservative party, interestingly, has been one of the working class more so than the equivalent Labour movement (remember the Primrose league?)

Soldato
37p extra on fags. I find it a bit sick that smokers pay so much but then are treated like scum.

I find it sick that smokers still exist - its a plague that infects anyone that dares knows or goes near them.
the sooner smokers realise that they HAVE to quit the better and if you cant be bothered enjoy your 37p extra

Soldato
37p extra on fags. I find it a bit sick that smokers pay so much but then are treated like scum.

It's the way it's been for a long time - we pay much, much more in tax than we cost in healthcare, but still get shafted in every tax hike. I don't mind so much - it won't bankrupt me, and with luck it'll put tobacco a little further out of the reach of kids, not to mention driving more people to quit, which can only be a good thing. I just wish they'd wise up to the system, legalise cannabis and tax the hell out of it.

Edit: @imatheoneneo - the sooner you realise that voicing your sanctimonious, ill-informed and purile opinions makes you look like a total tool, the better it'll be for everyone.

Soldato
Lol at saying he's raising cig prices because it's proven that it makes people quit . He doesn't give a crap about peoples health . It's all about the ££££s and taking advantage of people's addiction

If they wanted people to quit for the sake of their health they would outright ban them(tobacco companies have vaporisers and whatnot lined up ) or lower the prices of alternatives

Soldato
Personal Allowance increase is going to sell it to the doubters. It's interesting to compare how positive this is to the negativity that ensued with Labours dozens of stealth taxes that took our money over the years.

Back
Top Bottom