• Neutral

Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Does that research take in to account that smokers tend to die younger and so therefore cost us less in the long run on pensions and age related health care?
I believe so, I'll need to dig it out again. But I believe it found the earning (and spending) power and therefore tax value of smokers is lower because they smoke over their lifetimes or blah, blah.

Caporegime
And were will the gov get the £7bn+ the new 37p from if everyone stopped?
Oh take away the £2bn for the NHS so that leaves £5bn+ to find. I know put petrol up £1 ;)

I'm taking to an individual, as an individual if you don't like the increase, don't pay it.

We all know the vast majority won't quit, regardless of the cost, the government knows that, so they're just raping the cash cow.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Looking forward to when posters on here say there is nothing wrong with tax avoidance and quoting:-

BBC 2012 Budget coverage
The chancellor says tax evasion and aggressive tax avoidance are "morally repugnant".

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I don't really see how anyone can make a clear judgement on the 50p rate of tax either way. I appreciate they've just published figures, but those figures are based on a single year and there is clear evidence that they were skewed by avoidance measures before and during the introduction of the 50p band.

Back
Top Bottom