• Neutral

Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Permabanned
You didn't touch a nerve at all, it's just that people who post nonsense like yourself (you have said you'll tell people not to bother getting a job) irritate me.

Oh, so you fail to see that there is a problem. That's the first mistake. Then you want to nationalise energy. Who's going to pay for the investment, the infrastructure, yadda yadda. You're so far off the mark it's unbelievable.

no i didn't say don't get a job, i said a family losing its tax credits while working, might be better off on JSA, with the associated housing benefit, thanks to the tory changes in tax credits they no longer qualify for over £4k a year to boost their already low incomes.

The whole system is about the rich few exploiting the working classes for profit, fair distribution of wealth and labour and an anti-capitalist system is the answer. This government is on par with the greed and anti social welfare rhetoric portrayed by thatcher, look at the damage that did to society

Soldato
Why do you think there should be wealth equality?

I need someone to polish my shoes. If the shoe shine boy suddenly earns the same as me then I'll have to shine my own shoes. That just won't do :(
:D :D :D - but on a serious note : I think a greater degree of wealth equity would resolve a number of social problems related to low self-esteem linked to poverty, the known factors related to relative poverty.

It would solve the problem of wage repression (and the reduced demand which is a consequence of it) by increasing the disposable income of a large portion of the population.

We tried to overcome the problem of low wages (through increased income inequity) by pumping up the credit economy & we all know how well that turned out.

More disposable income in the pockets of most of the population would do wonders to increase demand for goods & services.

I admit, I'll gain from these changes (indirectly) by living in a more pleasant society.

Soldato
You're.

you said smokers were stupid. i smoke. therefore you said i'm stupid. i take offence to that. especially from someone who seems to fail to grasp junior school English.

maybe smoking helps you learn to grasp the language better? :)

It's stupid to pollute your body with anything that causes you harm. Be that smoking, drugs, alcohol and so on. However, those who choose to do this are hopefully making a reasonable choice and have balanced the benefits and risks and thus chosen to carry on harming themselves.

no i didn't say don't get a job, i said a family losing its tax credits while working, might be better off on JSA, with the associated housing benefit, thanks to the tory changes in tax credits they no longer qualify for over £4k a year to boost their already low incomes.

The whole system is about the rich few exploiting the working classes for profit, fair distribution of wealth and labour and an anti-capitalist system is the answer. This government is on par with the greed and anti social welfare rhetoric portrayed by thatcher, look at the damage that did to society

The whole system is about rewarding those who work hard, and contribute far more through taxes than people on low income. We need to ensure that those who work hard and earn a lot (who are usually wealth creators as well) aren't forced out of the country. People aren't exploiting the working classes in the slightest, they have had many breaks in this budget and in previous ones. It's about time people stop thinking that they deserve to be rich through no work and that someone else should pay for all that they want.

I'm not rich, I have a very much working class job, I'm just sensible and can see the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Suspended
You're.

you said smokers were stupid. i smoke. therefore you said i'm stupid. i take offence to that. especially from someone who seems to fail to grasp junior school English.

The irony of your failure to capitalise whilst criticising someone else's English was too tempting not to comment on ;)

Soldato
Reasonably satisfied. Good to see they are increasing tax on smoking, addicted people will still pay for the cigarettes so the government just get more money from them, and if people are forced to give up smoking, then we don't have to breath in their smoke any more.:)

Permabanned
Does seem a lot more sensible than labour budget from a few years ago. Still just spending stolen money but at least they have what appears to be some thought behind trying to encourage private sector growth, instead of just trying to suck the private sector as dry as they can get away with.

Soldato
You're.

I hope you're grasp of the English language helps you while you are coughing and need treatment from lung cancer. If that is to personal for the forum I apologize and will accept the ban/warning, but I know I would rather struggle with grammar than struggle to breathe.

Soldato
It's stupid to pollute your body with anything that causes you harm. Be that smoking, drugs, alcohol and so on. However, those who choose to do this are hopefully making a reasonable choice and have balanced the benefits and risks and thus chosen to carry on harming themselves.

but how fun would life be then? it would be like Demolition Man! :eek:

lots of things are bad for you, including excessive exercise. we can't ban it all.

you gotta have a vice to keep you sane! :)

Soldato
but how fun would life be then? it would be like Demolition Man! :eek:

lots of things are bad for you, including excessive exercise. we can't ban it all.

you gotta have a vice to keep you sane! :)

Quite, which is why the "YOU'RE A SMOKER THEREFORE YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!" argument is stupid and it should stop.

I don't smoke, but I'm fine for those who do (my brother, mother and girlfriend all smoke). It's a life choice, and they know the risks but choose to do it. I drink a lot, I know that it is probably harming me but I find the benefits outweigh the risk.

Hopefully the raising of the price ensures less children begin the habit though, as it is highly unlikely that they truly appreciate the risks that it can do. Anyway, if you smoke then you really ought to expect a raise every single year.

Soldato
The irony of your failure to capitalise whilst criticising someone else's English was too tempting not to comment on ;)

ah, but that's just me being lazy :) im not writing a structured report or coding.

most intelligent people can understand missing apostrophes and lack of capitalisation. he was using the wrong word entirely whilst simultaneously calling me thick ;)

Soldato
I hope you're grasp of the English language helps you while you are coughing and need treatment from lung cancer. If that is to personal for the forum I apologize and will accept the ban/warning, but I know I would rather struggle with grammar than struggle to breathe.

TOO

I'm fine thanks. maybe i will fill in my hospital forms correctly. hell, im a bloke. we will most likely die before we retire anyway at this rate

Back
Top Bottom