Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
i have a cig , on my own , in the garden or in the corner of the works car park

tommy two pints gets wasted and goes off round town assaulting people and damaging property

im sick though apparently

And conversely:

I chill out in my garden with a couple of mates and a nice refreshing cider or two.

Dave, Karen and Kamal stand smoking right in the doorway of the maternity ward I'm trying to get into, blocking the entrance, blowing smoke in the faces of pregnant women and newborn babies, stinking out the hospital and littering the place with cigarette butts.

There are extremes on both sides, however alcohol in moderation can actually be good for you, smoking isn't.

It is 'KNOW' but of course I'm more stupid than you aren't I?

And the comma shouldn't be there. Basic stuff. I guess I was less stupid than you when I was in junior school?

What you just said was that companies are stupid. :rolleyes:

Oh dear. Read it again.

If you're going to try and make out you're smarter than someone, at least try not to shoot yourself in the foot doing it. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
how am I being charged more? The wealthy already take more of a burden, the amount I pay in higher rate tax shows that I'd suggest. Plus if I wanted to buy a house, chances are I'd be paying more stamp duty. I don't get ANY benefits of any description etc etc.

And no, I'm not that young actually, when I was younger and a lot more polarised in my opinions I was probably just about the only person in west yorkshire to vote conservative in 1997 :)

And for what it's worth I'm the product of a growing up in the 80s in Huddersfield which was pretty much on it's arse with an unemployed single mother and absent father which taught me everything I need to know about choosing to get off my arse and earn some money.

well, the fact you voted blue in 1997 shows you have not learned then.

you only pay more stamp duty if you buy a really expensive house. should we feel sorry for you?

you pay more burden but your life is much easier. how many conversations do you have about food bills and the like? are you actually on £150k?

i dont get any benefits either and im a low rate tax payer.

Soldato
It is 'KNOW' but of course I'm more stupid than you aren't I?

And the comma shouldn't be there. Basic stuff. I guess I was less stupid than you when I was in junior school?

What you just said was that companies are stupid. :rolleyes:

Your right, got that spelling wrong. Key thing is I never claimed that I wasn't stupid, just not stupid enough to smoke :)

Soldato
Genuine question.

As the top 1% have 21% of the total wealth, the top 5% have 40% of the total wealth (HMRC for 2004–2005)

How exactly are the problems of society caused by income redistribution (benefits) when the problem is pretty clearly gross wealth inequity.

I agree with one thing, the richest 1% should not be paying such a large percent of the tax, because they should be earning such a large percentage of the wage (increase the wage for those at the bottom 50% and they will be paying a larger percentage of the tax burden).

FYI - I'm in the top 3% & would happily pay more tax (as long as it went towards helping those at the bottom, not to cut the tax rate for the the top 1% or illegal wars).

To be fair, we should be taxing wealth/land/assets - not incomes.

Soldato
Labour sucks so much.

They only really aim for sound bites and media friendly quotes, it's all spin, it's all bs.

What's their alternative? They don't have one. They just smack talk the Tories and Lib Dems instead of proposing a good set of alternatives, or even supporting the good things that the coalition is doing for poor people.

The coalition has done some good things here and they've done it whilst paying down the debt that was taken out by Labour themselves. Did Miliband focus on that? Why would he, he can't focus on mistakes that Labour has made can he. Surely paying off the massive debt is important? Not according to Labour, better to make some 'hilarious' jibes at the 'same old Tories' for doing positive things.

The country is in trouble, there is no miracle solution where we can go back to spending way beyond our means. Lets also be clear that we still are paying way beyond our means, we're not even close to breaking even, or really starting to pay off the astronomical debt. If they are complaining this much now, how much will they complain when we're closer to breaking even?

When Miliband was standing there calling the Tories millionaires, with Ed Balls and Harman nodding and laughing behind him, what good has that done? A bunch of millionaires who try extremely hard to pretend they're not, taunting a bunch of millionaires who don't try quite as hard to pretend they're not. Ridiculous.

have you not seen the hosue of commons before? its always like this. cameron was just the same before they got into power as was blair when major was in.

not a good show of the people controlling our lives. imagine showing this to your child and saying 'these are the men in charge of the country'

RDM

RDM

Soldato
New fact alert: Higher rate tax threshold will be CUT to just over £41K, dragging upto 300k more ppl into 40p band

We're all in this together lol.

there is always something hidden in the budget and this is it, this will hit middle earners hard, as we all know especially in the south east a salary of £41K is not a lot

All this means is that higher rate payers don't get as much benefit from the raising of the lower rate tax allowance. They will be slightly better off than before, but not as much as someone just paying the lower rate.

Permabanned
So raising the level of personal tax doesn't help the poor how? :confused:

because the extra £12.60 this year is really going to buy a lot of clothes and food when your fuel, utilities, etc are up and your tax credits have been taken away and your pay has been frozen resulting in an effective cut

Man of Honour
New fact alert: Higher rate tax threshold will be CUT to just over £41K, dragging upto 300k more ppl into 40p band

We're all in this together lol.

Lol @ you. Now factor in the increase in personal allowance and there still better off, just not as much as lower income people.

Soldato
In the case you just gave I would say you both are sick.
The vast amount of people who drink have no problems due to it and some even benefit from it health wise. Only at the extreme end are there problems.

The vast amount of people who smoke have problems due to it and it’s bad for everyone with zero health benefits.

If smoking was invented today it would be illegal from day 1. So yes smoking is sick.

as would booze. you know this right? booze would both be up there with crack and heroine. fags would be lower level than that but still classified as controlled substance.

you also know alcohol is responsible for many murders, rapes etc too? how many smokers block up A&E on a fri/sat night?

now many police on a sat/fri night are they to protect the streets from smokers?

Suspended
Genuine question.

As the top 1% have 21% of the total wealth, the top 5% have 40% of the total wealth (HMRC for 2004–2005)

How exactly are the problems of society caused by income redistribution (benefits) when the problem is pretty clearly gross wealth inequity.

I agree with one thing, the richest 1% should not be paying such a large percent of the tax, because they should be earning such a large percentage of the wage (increase the wage for those at the bottom 50% and they will be paying a larger percentage of the tax burden).

FYI - I'm in the top 3% & would happily pay more tax (as long as it went towards helping those at the bottom, not to cut the tax rate for the the top 1% or illegal wars).

To be fair, we should be taxing wealth/land/assets - not incomes.

Why do you think there should be wealth equality?

I need someone to polish my shoes. If the shoe shine boy suddenly earns the same as me then I'll have to shine my own shoes. That just won't do :(

Soldato
touched a nerve much! I know how you voted, and yes we can all blame you when we are dying in the streets cos the tories killed the NHS

there is no sorting out to be done, other than improving social welfare, taking money back from the banks and renationalising gas, oil and electric, build a financial system which is broken and make the greedy capitalists pay for destroying society

You didn't touch a nerve at all, it's just that people who post nonsense like yourself (you have said you'll tell people not to bother getting a job) irritate me.

Oh, so you fail to see that there is a problem. That's the first mistake. Then you want to nationalise energy. Who's going to pay for the investment, the infrastructure, yadda yadda. You're so far off the mark it's unbelievable.

Soldato
Your right, got that spelling wrong. Key thing is I never claimed that I wasn't stupid, just not stupid enough to smoke :)

You're.

you said smokers were stupid. i smoke. therefore you said i'm stupid. i take offence to that. especially from someone who seems to fail to grasp junior school English.

maybe smoking helps you learn to grasp the language better? :)

Back
Top Bottom