*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'd go over the whole car with a cutting pad, probably use the white polishing pad and keep the orange for difficult areas. Also there's a hex-logic group buy on detailing world so you may be able to get them cheaper.

I don't know if I'd go over the whole car with a cutting pad, probably use the white polishing pad and keep the orange for difficult areas. Also there's a hex-logic group buy on detailing world so you may be able to get them cheaper.

How do you buy on DW? I don't understand it! Seems like just a forum, didn't see any shop functionality when I've looked?

Only reason I'm getting that pad is for if it's needed, I'll most likely just optical polish the car with black pad all over, the paintwork on car is an unknown (don't get it until end of month), it's been valeted monthly... I just hope the valeters were not muppets.

How do you buy on DW? I don't understand it! Seems like just a forum, didn't see any shop functionality when I've looked?

That's because it is a forum. There's a group buy section where manufacturers/traders put something up with the idea that a lot of people will jump on board so they're able to offer a greater discount. All you do is send them a payment through paypal, the details will be in the original post.

Only reason I'm getting that pad is for if it's needed, I'll most likely just optical polish the car with black pad all over, the paintwork on car is an unknown (don't get it until end of month), it's been valeted monthly... I just hope the valeters were not muppets.

Go to trader's sub forum and there is a thread on the Dual action polisher and there is a code on there which you can use on check out. Then you post in the thread to give them a heads up.

Go to trader's sub forum and there is a thread on the Dual action polisher and there is a code on there which you can use on check out. Then you post in the thread to give them a heads up.

Cheers, I see how it all is now. Basically they just advertise all deals there, and you use their main sites to claim them... Quite a nice saving on the polisher indeed!

I think I may get the polisher last with the basket I have there... do a manual clean/polish/wax and then look at it for the next purchase.

That's it, I wait 3 weeks for a nice day when I've got some spare time and it decides to be 25 degrees! I've had to change my t-shirt!

Buying a house with an air-conditioned garage!!!

Wash and polish done, EGP applied and drying :)

Will do the inside when it's cold! lol

Cheers, I see how it all is now. Basically they just advertise all deals there, and you use their main sites to claim them... Quite a nice saving on the polisher indeed!

I think I may get the polisher last with the basket I have there... do a manual clean/polish/wax and then look at it for the next purchase.

Some times there'll be a code but as I said more often than not you'll just send a payment through paypal.

Did you get the £15 discount using the group buy from DW?

I did indeed.

Sanity check the below purchase? I already have Megs cash wash, it will become way too expensive to shove Snow Foam + sprayer in with this too...

MENFE.png

If you buy all the Chemical Guys stuff from their website there is a 15% off code you can use. If you haven't ordered already i'll dig it out for you.

I did indeed.

If you buy all the Chemical Guys stuff from their website there is a 15% off code you can use. If you haven't ordered already i'll dig it out for you.

Not ordered yet buddy, would help to have the car first :p.

If you could get the code that would be fantastic and much appreciated :).

Think it may be this > http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=246153

It's good with the discount, but they whack shipping for £5.95 on, so you're effectively only getting a 48p saving on those products :(.

Last edited:
Yeah thats the one. I forgot about the shipping though :(

Thats the problem with all these detailing stores, they seem to charge exorbitant shipping costs.

Anyone able to tell me how long those hexlogic pads last? Based on using them on a car you've properly cleaned/clayed... I would expect like 8+ uses from the cost of them.

I know you can clean them etc with the bucket thing.

I cant comment on how long they last but apparently everyone just washes them in fairy liquid, no need to buy any expensive cleaner thingy.

I cant comment on how long they last but apparently everyone just washes them in fairy liquid, no need to buy any expensive cleaner thingy.

Makes sense to me... little bit of water in a washing up bowl, some soap and then rinse with clean afterwards.

I think the guy in ChemicalGuys said a huge number...

I don't understand why people would get a DA for polishing over a rotary. They cost significantly more, yet work significantly less quickly than a rotary. All this crap about "OMG YOU'RE GOING TO STRIP YOUR PAINT IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL" is so overblown. You can do - but you'd have to be the village idiot to do so. If you read about techniques and how to use them properly, and start slowly, you really can't go wrong with a rotary.

I don't understand why people would get a DA for polishing over a rotary. They cost significantly more, yet work significantly less quickly than a rotary. All this crap about "OMG YOU'RE GOING TO STRIP YOUR PAINT IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL" is so overblown. You can do - but you'd have to be the village idiot to do so. If you read about techniques and how to use them properly, and start slowly, you really can't go wrong with a rotary.

I guess the saying, "better safe than sorry" applies here.

Applied Amigo to the bonnet.

It shines! (before waxing)

IIF4B.jpg

Clean the car before the bad weather ahead in the coming week. Side note, G3 wax doesn't last that long, the sheeting shows minimal beading. Short of time today so applied Aqua Wax until a proper job in a month's time. Will use FK1000 next.

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys can tell the difference between all the different types of waxes when it comes to shine and depth.

To me, my CG Blacklight looks the same as my AutoGlym HD which in turn looks the same as my AutoBrite Seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom