*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow dusting cloths = No no.

I would go for these - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/micro...sh-buffing-cloth-pkg/3-16-x-16-/prod_163.html

I don't see a problem using your drying towel? As long as you're aware it will have polish in... so you'd prob want to wash it.

I played it safe and used a microfibre towel and lint free cloth (not the yellow ones) to do it. The car has been properly detailed before and has some hard wearing wax on it already, not sure which one though.

Any tips on the best way to clean a microfibre towel? I usually do it by hand but thinking of putting them in the washing machine, the label says 90 degrees? That seems pretty hot :o

Do I have to worry about Iron X staining my driveway? Parents recently had a block paved drive put down and I was nearly homeless after 2 drops of oil got on it from a top up, dread to think what'd happen with a Fiesta outline made of Iron X... :D

Do I have to worry about Iron X staining my driveway? Parents recently had a block paved drive put down and I was nearly homeless after 2 drops of oil got on it from a top up, dread to think what'd happen with a Fiesta outline made of Iron X... :D

Iron-X dissolves stone, you're meant to wash your car standing on a titanium plate.

It'll be fine apart from purple liquids, it just washes off.

It's Tardis that you need to watch out where you use it on.

Can't I just use diluted car wash in a spray bottle?

The paint will come off and your car will explode! :confused:

Use the proper tools for the proper jobs... Car wash for washing... lube for lubrication... hope you don't mix the two up in the bedroom! Nothing worse than going down and finding tons of bubbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom