Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
That will work to start you off. I haven't actually used Good Class Liquid Wax but have heard good things about it. Are you just using it to wait on a decent long term wax? If so, you could get a spray sealant/detailer like BSD. EuroCarParts sells it quite cheap, especially with the weekend30 code.

Did I mention I am a massive fan of BSD? :p

Yeah really just wanted to get something on the car quickly for protection, then I can decide on my long term wax treatment. Sonax BSD sounds interesting.Does it give same sort of protection; but just over a shorter term ? is this good on top of a wax - be it liquid or more traditional type ? could you even use this and no wax if you was prepared to apply say once a month?
thanks for the help ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah really just wanted to get something on the car quickly for protection, then I can decide on my long term wax treatment. Sonax BSD sounds interesting.Does it give same sort of protection; but just over a shorter term ? is this good on top of a wax - be it liquid or more traditional type ? could you even use this and no wax if you was prepared to apply say once a month?
thanks for the help ;)

Just like a wax but it'll last about 2-3 weeks depending on how much its driven and in what conditions its driven in.

It helps keep the protection up also. I have a coat of Fusso on my car and BSD helps keep the lower sides and rear of the car protected.

A lot of people do just for how easy it is to apply. Heck, I went for half a year just using Fireball Hydrophobic snow foam. Apply with snow foam lance, leave a few minutes and pressure wash off and you have protection and beading for 2 months!

Soldato
Used my new Hozelock hose and Nilfisk C110 pressure washer yesterday, very impressed with both! Only using the smaller nozzle on the Nilfisk, the big one seems too powerful for car paint to me. Does anyone elses Nilfisk make a sort of squeeling noise each time you come off the trigger? Seemed odd to me, but it might be the norm...

Just need to buy the Autobrite Lance now for snow foaming.

Associate
Used my new Hozelock hose and Nilfisk C110 pressure washer yesterday, very impressed with both! Only using the smaller nozzle on the Nilfisk, the big one seems too powerful for car paint to me. Does anyone elses Nilfisk make a sort of squeeling noise each time you come off the trigger? Seemed odd to me, but it might be the norm...

The Autobrite Lance is way over priced most lances are bout half that price worth looking around :)

Soldato

I have the C110 and it also makes a squeal each time I let off the trigger. I don't recall it doing it from new, but I can't say for certain it didn't do it either. Mine's about 18 months old now, still going strong.

I also use only the fan nozzle for car washing. I don't really find any particular use for the more powerful spinning jet nozzle.

During the summer it gets used pretty much every week to wash one car or the other, but less often during the winter. It also gets used for extended periods (pretty much 2-3 hours straight) to clean the patio or decking as well. I have to say that for the money it cost (£60 all in) I'm very impressed with its performance and endurance.

As for snow foam lances the Autobrite one is just a bog standard lance with a different coloured nozzle and twice the price of the unbranded generic ones. I picked mine up on eBay for £15.

Soldato

Mine does the same, it's just the pump boosting the pressure back up before you press the trigger again.

Soldato
The karcher one is actually surprisingly good, and can produce nice thick foams with the right products - Magifoam, for example.

It's rubbish compared to the Autobrite, like real night and day difference. The adjustability on the Autobrite is fantastic and comes with 500ml Magifoam for £35, so I wouldn't say overpriced although there seem to be cheaper ones that look identical on eBay.

Soldato
That time again...

IMG-20170219-WA0001.jpeg

Soldato

Yeah mine squeaks, done from new.

Soldato
I gave Meguiars spray wax a go after seeing the Auto Fetish guy waffling on about how good it was. Must say for extremely little effort the results are great! Not expecting it to last as long as a regular wax but when it takes literally about 15 minutes to wax the entire car I'm giving it the thumbs up.

It is good stuff, I bought some of the Quick Wax yesterday in Halfords as it was a bit cheaper than the detailer spray. I imagine it lasts similar to Aqua wax etc.

I think the one the Auto Fetish guy uses is a different line of products though? Called something like Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax (designed more for buying in bulk + trade use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom