Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
It is good stuff, I bought some of the Quick Wax yesterday in Halfords as it was a bit cheaper than the detailer spray. I imagine it lasts similar to Aqua wax etc.

I think the one the Auto Fetish guy uses is a different line of products though? Called something like Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax (designed more for buying in bulk + trade use).

Yes I noticed he calls it Xpress spray wax too. It might be the same video or another one of his but there was one where he said he suspects they are the same product but who knows. I've seen the Xpress spray wax on clean your car. But the one I got was on offer so thought I'd give it a try.

Associate
Picking up my new car tomorrow, and currently do not own anything required to clean it. I was thinking of getting:

- A couple of microfibre mitts.
- Microfiber towel for drying.
- Collinite 476 and some foam pads for applying.
- Couple of buckets and grit guards.
- Autoglym shampoo

Was going to give it a rinse, then two bucket method, then rinse, then dry, then wax. Will that be sufficient do you think?

Edit: after more reading maybe I need to clay bar...

Last edited:
Soldato
If the car is brand new it's unlikely to have badly contaminated paint, so you may be able to skip the clay, however as a general rule it's a good idea to clay the car before polishing and waxing as any contaminants that are present will affect the quality of the finish.

Soldato
Thought you were supposed to wait a few weeks or so on a brand new car? At least thats what I've heard in the past...

I guess it depends how long it has been sitting at the docks etc since leaving the factory.
Some sources recommend waiting for ~3 months before putting any LSPs on it to allow time for the paint to fully breathe and out-gas. I'm not sure if there's any science behind it.

Soldato
Thought you were supposed to wait a few weeks or so on a brand new car? At least thats what I've heard in the past...

I guess it depends how long it has been sitting at the docks etc since leaving the factory.

Since leaving the factory, I guarantee any newly bought car has traveled half way around the world before getting to you anyway.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a detailer in the North East, Teesside area? My car is covered in black and orange spots and I cannot get them off myself.

There are loads of places around but I have no idea if any of them are actually any good.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a detailer in the North East, Teesside area? My car is covered in black and orange spots and I cannot get them off myself.

There are loads of places around but I have no idea if any of them are actually any good.

Check out the Detailing World website, should be able to find several near your location and you can read there posts/feedback.

Soldato
Gave a wet wax a go. Works well.
Dried the car well with a nice new set of thick drying towel.
Nice shine on the paint.

It has now rained.... And beading isn't as good as a decent applied wax, but based on how damn quick it was to use I can't complain.

Was the turtle wax it wet green bottle.

Soldato
The problem with white is that it never looks particularly deep so waxes don't do much for it looks-wise. I just use Autoglym SRP+EGP and IMO it looks at good as it can.

Thanks, reading around it's difficult because waxes/polishes don't work as people think with solid white - I'm used to 11 years of a metallic blue.

For alloys as a sealant? Dirt Buster's wheel sealant?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom