Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
a 5L tub only lasts me 5 washes, you guys dont fill the entire foam bottle up? Come on, get with it.

:o
No wonder you're able to leave yours to dwell for 30 minutes or whatever. I only put perhaps 1-2 inches in the bottom of the bottle and then top up with warm water, I thought that was meant to be how most snow foams are meant to be diluted.

Soldato
Yeah the autobrite lance and foam is the next thing I'm buying. I noticed after cleaning this weekend that my wax has done a pretty good job. Still beading but cleaned it Friday then had to drive to Brentwood Saturday and back only 2 hours but it's caked in crap again now.

Soldato
I put about 2 inches in to the snow foam bottle then fill with warm water. Dial on the lance turned all the way to "-" for maximum foaminess and I get 30 mins dwell time easily. I normally apply the foam then clean all 4 wheels (which takes 30-40 minutes) before rinsing off the foam which is still clinging well.

Soldato
I put about 2 inches in to the snow foam bottle then fill with warm water. Dial on the lance turned all the way to "-" for maximum foaminess and I get 30 mins dwell time easily. I normally apply the foam then clean all 4 wheels (which takes 30-40 minutes) before rinsing off the foam which is still clinging well.
I've thought about this, is it beneficial to have foam so thick that it doesn't run off the car? I only ask as surely if the foam is slowly slipping off then it's taking the dirt with it?

Soldato
I've thought about this, is it beneficial to have foam so thick that it doesn't run off the car? I only ask as surely if the foam is slowly slipping off then it's taking the dirt with it?

I'd say the goal of the foam is to detach the dirt from the surface rather than remove it while running off the car. When you pressure wash it the dirt should them come off without contact cleaning.

Man of Honour
Exactly what I did, as the instructions said. On my lance that meant around half the 500L bottle, hence why I ordered a 5L tub and suggested the bigger one.

Man of Honour
Having said all this......what the hell does it do? I foam the car, stand and have a coffee or beer in the summer and then rinse off. It doesn't seem to remove much crap having had a good look at my Polo this morning....so why am I doing this?

Soldato
Honestly I don't think it achieves anything that you couldn't do with just the straight jet wash alone, still has a film of dirt on it after. Since you can't dry it while still half dirty you then end up with tonnes of water spots as well as the dirt. I see it as just a bit of fun, glad I tried someone elses before wasting my own money on it.

Soldato
Having said all this......what the hell does it do? I foam the car, stand and have a coffee or beer in the summer and then rinse off. It doesn't seem to remove much crap having had a good look at my Polo this morning....so why am I doing this?

Honestly I don't think it achieves anything that you couldn't do with just the straight jet wash alone, still has a film of dirt on it after. Since you can't dry it while still half dirty you then end up with tonnes of water spots as well as the dirt. I see it as just a bit of fun, glad I tried someone elses before wasting my own money on it.

I notice that more much comes off with the pressure washer after it's been foamed than if not.
If I don't foam the car at all, then the water remains noticeably much dirtier when I come to wash it. It's not intended to be a touchless wash, just a prewash to get rid of the worst of the grime.

That said, some are more effective than others. I bought a bottle of Auto Finesse Avalanche because people were saying how good their products are. Compared to Blt Hamber and Autobrite foams, it's a load of tosh and didn't seem any more effective than just using the pressure washer.

Man of Honour
So what's wrong with foaming it and then taking a cleaning glove to it for an extra wipe, removing the need for additional cleaner and bucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom