Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So what's wrong with foaming it and then taking a cleaning glove to it for an extra wipe, removing the need for additional cleaner and bucket?

The theory goes that in that case you would be rubbing dirt into the paintwork. The idea is to get most of that dirt off first and a pre-wash with foam is better than a pre-wash with just water.

Soldato
What is good for getting stuck on black bits off of alloy wheels? I've done a foam, rinse, Sonax wheel cleaner, rinse, 2 bucket clean (brushes and mitt), rinse and still some remain :(

Soldato
What is good for getting stuck on black bits off of alloy wheels? I've done a foam, rinse, Sonax wheel cleaner, rinse, 2 bucket clean (brushes and mitt), rinse and still some remain :(
I find the bilt hamber wheel cleaner great! much better than the sonax one which did the job but never got my wheels 100% clean. It probably iron or brake dust that it struggles to remove.

Soldato
I've thought about this, is it beneficial to have foam so thick that it doesn't run off the car? I only ask as surely if the foam is slowly slipping off then it's taking the dirt with it?
The purpose of the foam is to moisten the whole surface of the car, keeping the surface dirt soaking so that when you rinse it off the dirt is thoroughly loosened and comes away from the paint. It's the same principle as soaking dirty pans in the sink before you wash them. The snow foam isn't really meant to drip off taking the dirt with it. It's the subsequent high pressure rinse that does that.

Soldato
Done an "initial" wash as it's been about 4 months and the rinse bucket was turning black after a few swipes.

Also after Drying dirt was appearing on lower panels so will have to wack out the clay mitt next time for a "deep" clean.

Soldato
The purpose of the foam is to moisten the whole surface of the car, keeping the surface dirt soaking so that when you rinse it off the dirt is thoroughly loosened and comes away from the paint. It's the same principle as soaking dirty pans in the sink before you wash them. The snow foam isn't really meant to drip off taking the dirt with it. It's the subsequent high pressure rinse that does that.

I find it particularly effective under the arches + side skirts, and other places you wouldn't usually be able to clean with a wash mitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom