Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you ever have a bottle of Sonar BSD and Chemical Guys hybrid V07 detailer try mixing them 50:50 in a empty spray bottle. It works really really good, makes the BSD easier to apply and less smeary/thick.

Little tip I picked up on from detailing world, reminds me I need to buy more of the stuff. :o
Personally never had a problem with applying BSD, it's a spray wax really :p

Associate
That looks very decent (if it works). How does the coating last when it comes to future details though - it says lasts for lifetime but is it removed by claying/polishing?
Once it has been applied properly (after fully decontaminating and machine polishing the paintwork) it no longer needs claying. You get a bag full of Autoglym products included which need to be used to maintain the Lifeshine treatment. This keeps the Lifetime guarantee valid. Only time will tell if it lives up to it's name. I think Lifeshine can get a bad rep as dealers put it on in a very none professional manner and it doesn't last. Hopefully having it done professionally will prove worth it in the long run.
bag.png

Have to say I'm very impressed with the finish. It was starting to get dark when I got home from work, so I can't wait to see it in the sunshine.

Soldato
How do people deal with water spots?

Didn't have this problem with my previous car, but now as soon as I dry/wipe away the water it leaves lots of spot.

Just blobbing doesn't seem to have the same effect.

Soldato
Once it has been applied properly (after fully decontaminating and machine polishing the paintwork) it no longer needs claying. You get a bag full of Autoglym products included which need to be used to maintain the Lifeshine treatment. This keeps the Lifetime guarantee valid. Only time will tell if it lives up to it's name. I think Lifeshine can get a bad rep as dealers put it on in a very none professional manner and it doesn't last. Hopefully having it done professionally will prove worth it in the long run.
bag.png

Have to say I'm very impressed with the finish. It was starting to get dark when I got home from work, so I can't wait to see it in the sunshine.

These kits are great, I picked up two lots from my neighbour who works for a vw dealer!

Soldato
How do people deal with water spots?

Didn't have this problem with my previous car, but now as soon as I dry/wipe away the water it leaves lots of spot.

Just blobbing doesn't seem to have the same effect.

Detailing spray but try switching up your car shampoos.

I've been using the Meguiars NXT (purple) car shampoo which apparently contains water softness, surprisingly it really does help. I washed the car this morning in direct sun and had zero issues with water spots/stains. Been using it for a few months now.

Soldato
Detailing spray but try switching up your car shampoos.

I've been using the Meguiars NXT (purple) car shampoo which apparently contains water softness, surprisingly it really does help. I washed the car this morning in direct sun and had zero issues with water spots/stains. Been using it for a few months now.
Cool, actually I have recently changed to bilt hamber auto wash who usually have neutral products. I may have used it on my previous car and don't recall any water spots.

Associate
Washed car on Saturday, including the fabric roof.

Sunday morning, and some birds decide to use the roof as target practice. :mad::mad::mad:

First proper wash it’s had in 5 weeks and no birds anywhere near it in that time, Sod’s law!

Soldato
I do not understand how the guy above is getting water spots, if he is drying his car, does that not contradict the whole thing?
If it's very hard water you have to be very quick, especially if it's sunny. Quick detailer will sort them out, but it is another stage. Kindai bought a water machine thing which got rid of hard water which meant he didn't even need to dry the car!

Soldato
Stone chip "removal" is only done with paint, so it will depend how bad or how many there are whether it's cheaper to have a respray (which will also deal with light scratches) or touching them up and then polishing to deal with the scratches.

Soldato
If it's very hard water you have to be very quick, especially if it's sunny. Quick detailer will sort them out, but it is another stage. Kindai bought a water machine thing which got rid of hard water which meant he didn't even need to dry the car!
It wasn't sunny where i was washing but warmish.

I apply detailer at the end anyway so no extra stage :p

Also I used a bilt hamber clay bar, which picked up contaminants the meguiar one I used two weeks ago clearly hadn't.

Along with a gtechniq mf4 drying towel, it's a good size and weight although probably require two for the whole car. I might try a thicker one I'm figure.

Finished off with gtechniq C5 wheel sealant, will be interesting to see how that holds up.

Last edited:
Soldato

Also I used a bilt hamber clay bar, which picked up contaminants the meguiar one I used two weeks ago clearly hadn't.

Along with a gtechniq mf4 drying towel, it's a good size and weight although probably require two for the whole car. I might try a thicker one I'm figure.

Finished off with gtechniq C5 wheel sealant, will be interesting to see how that holds up.
Did you clean the car again after claying? It can leave residue, perhaps this is what you're getting?

Soldato

What have you applied to the car since you Clayed it?

Soldato
What have you applied to the car since you Clayed it?

Sonax BSD

Of course the proper plan is to machine polish it in the near future, followed by a carnauba wax (I was given some of that purple haze stuff) so just prepping it at the moment :)

After that wax runs out I'll probably just stick to a spray sealant such as hydro2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom