Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
@Hyburnate one went past me today, they sound tremendous for the engine they've got in them. Couldn't help but crack a grin so can only imagine how fun it is to be in one.

Haha hope it was the comp. It has the Magneti Marelli Record Monza. I need to sort my flaps out to make it even louder/pop more. It does sound phenomenal. The suspension setup and its weight make it handle like a dream too, roundabouts at 50 in the damp conditions? No issues.

I did take my lights out the other day actually...

KOfxqYPh.jpg UG3UsEFh.jpg

kai

kai

Soldato
The dealer prep was shocking. I should have done my research and asked for them not to clean the car in any way. I picked it up Friday, it looks really good but under close inspection, it had a number of really light swirl marks. I suspect a quick sponge wash :(

Yesterday I spent the entire day trying to resolve the issue. It has been years since I have had a decent car so I had limited supply in the garage.

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 2 – Polish on a Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad applied with a G220 DA. The DA is donkey's years old.

Finished with AG HD Wax. Really impressed with this stuff.

The car looks really glossy and wet. After the Winter I might do some research and actually take it to a detailer who knows what they are doing. I guess it would just be a case of a 2B method each week for maintenance from there.

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Soldato
Finally got round to trying the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner after the recommendations in this thread. Its good stuff, colour me impressed to a shade of very deep purple indeed. Certainly beats all the bending and scrubbing with a brush to get at the fiddly bits of a wheel. Comment from my 9 year old was "mmm, that smells nice". I'm converted.

My trusty Meguiars ultimate wash & wax is about to run out. Is that still a good "go to" general bodywork cleaner or are there better products out there now ? I last looked around a good 5 years ago and just kept buying it out of habit as its always done the job. Whatever I buy would be for hand-wash, I don't have the set up for the snow foam and not really looking to go that route.

Soldato
Finally got round to trying the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner after the recommendations in this thread. Its good stuff, colour me impressed to a shade of very deep purple indeed. Certainly beats all the bending and scrubbing with a brush to get at the fiddly bits of a wheel. Comment from my 9 year old was "mmm, that smells nice". I'm converted.

My trusty Meguiars ultimate wash & wax is about to run out. Is that still a good "go to" general bodywork cleaner or are there better products out there now ? I last looked around a good 5 years ago and just kept buying it out of habit as its always done the job. Whatever I buy would be for hand-wash, I don't have the set up for the snow foam and not really looking to go that route.

You could become a fanatic and go with Bilt Hamber Auto Wash.. ;)

Only need to use a teaspoon, it doesn't lather as well as some others but that doesn't equal cleaning power :) Which is what this product is all about.

Soldato

I'm liking Meguiars NXT (it's purple) car shampoo. Its got something in it that means the suds don't dry on the car as quick as other shampoos I've used and it contains water softeners.

Also got a bottle of Meguiars Mirror Bright wash + wax. Thats decent too.

The next one I want to try though is Adams car wash.

Soldato
Don't know why I bother. Spent 1 hour cleaning my car inside out yesterday as the forecast said dry till Wednesday. In less than 24 hours it now looks far dirtier than before I washed it thanks to rain and the strong winds blowing what looks like sand all over it.

Soldato

I love bilt hamber stuff, even the auto wax and auto wash are good products! the shampoo as said is not that amazing when it comes to suds etc but it does clean really well and needs 10ml if that for a bucket full.

Soldato
Don't know why I bother. Spent 1 hour cleaning my car inside out yesterday as the forecast said dry till Wednesday. In less than 24 hours it now looks far dirtier than before I washed it thanks to rain and the strong winds blowing what looks like sand all over it.

Sand from the Sahara and dust from forest fires in Portugal apparently. :mad:

Soldato
Gave the car a quick foam soak then pressure wash to get the most of the Sahara fallout off after this week.. not touching it with a mitt until I have the time to really make sure the sand is aaallllll gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom