Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Interior shampoo and scrubbing. If that doesn't work a wet-vac. Next thing up would be an extractor. If you dont have access to either you could always take the cover off and run it through the washing machine (perfectly safe).

Soldato
Interior shampoo and scrubbing. If that doesn't work a wet-vac. Next thing up would be an extractor. If you dont have access to either you could always take the cover off and run it through the washing machine (perfectly safe).

I'll grab some interior shampoo over the weekend and give it a go. I'd never be confident enough to take the cover off and run it through the washing machine :p It's not very noticeable luckily as I've only noticed it a month later.

I've got some regular carpet shampoo but I assume using a dedicated car shampoo would be the safest option.

Soldato
Any decent branded one will be perfectly safe. I use Prestone, personally - but that's down to effectiveness and nothing else. If you want to spend a bit more you can buy RainX's own branded one and that will add some small hydrophobic properties to the windscreen itself but its a bit pointless in my opinion.

Soldato
Hi All,

I've still had no luck trying to get some black spots off my car, I believe it's tree sap - any home secrets without having to buy another bottled product? I imagine it's been there for years, see my earlier post talking about not taking care of my car.

I've tried tar remover and a clay bar, no luck - assuming I did it correctly :)

Many thanks in advance!

Associate
Hi All,

I've still had no luck trying to get some black spots off my car, I believe it's tree sap - any home secrets without having to buy another bottled product? I imagine it's been there for years, see my earlier post talking about not taking care of my car.

Many thanks in advance!
Tree sap should come off with just warm soapy water, and the fact it’s black makes it sound like it’s tar. Any chance of a pic?

Soldato
Hi All,

Many thanks in advance!
A clay bar should have worked. It's worked for me on tar and other stubborn stuff. Did you spray a good coating of detail spray and give it some elbow grease?

Got a pic of the tar/tree sap?

Associate
Hi All,

Many thanks in advance!

Autobrite Just the tonic should remove tar or sap.

Associate
Hi All,

Many thanks in advance!

Autoglym tar remover if all else fails

nam

nam

Soldato
Gave my Fiesta a clean with the Race Glaze filter which has worked a treat in the hot weather. No spots at all!

got my raceglaze on saturday hopefully get to use it next week, Did you use a PW with the race glaze for the final rinse stage only ? Do you have any photos of the adaptors needed ? as RaceGlaze did not send any with the filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom