Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Dragon's Breath is godlike. Didn't even need to touch the wheels, just spray on, leave for 5 minutes, then blast off. Job jobbed.

AlloysDragonsBreath.gif

Also cleaned the interior after 7 weeks of crap weathering :cool:

20190317_113823.jpg

Still alright looking for 14 years old.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Alcohol, meths or tar remover. First two are obviously cheaper though, if you're doing a big area like a windscreen.

Well...tried alcohol and tar remover. Slight improvement but still not there.

Alcohol definitely did something because the second I rubbed it in it started the old rainbow sheen effect but not in the direction I was rubbing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Right guys, softtop sealant/protection..

What would you recommend?

@mrk what do you use on your E46?

Bodywork: Autofinesse Triple to cover up/remove any scratches/marks) once a year, then Collinite 915 (476 if you have light paintwork) on top
Roof: Autoglym softtop cleaner + protector pack - The foam pad that comes with it is average, I bought a dedicated softtop brush for this instead
Leather: Gliptone GT15 (spray cleaner) + Gliptone GT11 (feed/protector)
Plastics: Poorboys Natural Looks Dressing
Tyres: Poorboys Natural Looks Dressing
Alloys: Dragon's Breath (I don't use any other alloy wax or spray on protector)
Glass: Mr Muscle glass cleaner :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ordered this from Amazon with the current £5 off voucher making it £29 with next day delivery

Snow Foam Lance Nilfisk Connector with 500ml of Magifoam - By Autobrite Direct

Soldato
Any of you guys tried golden bird bits? got an autobrite 5l with my 10 off ebay code and they where oos and offered me golden bird with an extra gift to compensate me, rrp was the same and reviews seemed fine so i accepted. Will get round to cleaning the car with it tomorrow but thought id see if you guys had used it before.

Relieved to finally be able to clean the car myself again as i finally got my outside tap sorted out!

Soldato
Organised my spray bottles for £3 courtesy of IKEAs organising rails. Might grab some of their small and large hooks too to hang the larger containers. Need another rail ideally as I'm out of most decontamination products.

Racks after by alistair.hurrell, on Flickr

On an unrelated note, is Tardis still the best value/performance tar remover? Same with BH Korrosol as a a fallout remover?

Soldato
@Cookeh I got some of those IKEA rails the other week, you can also get longer stainless ones from the kitchen section albeit a little more expensive.

And for a large 5l container, Tardis is still the best price/performance tar remover for me. I've been quite impressed with Korrosol, the Angelwax one was quite good as well.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Used to own a foam lance many years ago but sold it when I didn't have a decent car. Now I've gone and bought one again, shall be using it with the included Magifoam until I buy some Gyeon Foam.

Picked it up for £30 using the £5 amazon code recently.

ab_foam_lance-1.jpg

ab_foam_lance-2.jpg

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a car wash/shampoo I can pick up from the Halfrauds range that is nice and soapy in application? I know that may sound weird but I hate those washes you put in a bucket and they don't 'foam up' much.

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom