Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So after the curing it still had a streaky finish, but after using the car a few times that has gone (rubbed off I imagine). The leather feels very nice now, very smooth and soft. Next time I'm going to try and apply a little more carefully and ensure there isn't anything on the MF applicator.
did you apply it as per instructions?

Soldato
Yea I followed the instructions on PB website - https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/gyeon-q2-leathercoat

I suspect there may have been something on the MF applicator, I can't remember the last time I used it and it may have been for some interior dressing. I'll use a different one on the rest of the car to check.

weird! yeah I usually try to either use a freshly washed mf cloth or new if I have them...

Man of Honour
I'm amazed you feel that much of a difference given your car is a year old, unless you give it an absolute battering getting in and out and are generally just a grubby bar steward

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm amazed you feel that much of a difference given your car is a year old, unless you give it an absolute battering getting in and out and are generally just a grubby bar steward

I guess there will always be a small build up on the surface from daily use. Cleaning it did remove some dirt, it now now feels very slippy to sit on.

Caporegime
I guess there will always be a small build up on the surface from daily use. Cleaning it did remove some dirt, it now now feels very slippy to sit on.

Oh, do not use PERL on leather, even though it says you can...i mean it works but it feels like soap. And don't put it on rubber floor mats...lol hilarious results ensured when people try to get in, especially if your car is low.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Oh, do not use PERL on leather, even though it says you can...i mean it works but it feels like soap. And don't put it on rubber floor mats...lol hilarious results ensured when people try to get in, especially if your car is low.

I don't have PERL so no risk there. I'm impressed with Leathercoat, just need to nail the application. Interested to hear your feedback when you've had a play.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Any thoughts on Touchless dryers like https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/bigboi/blowr-mini.aspx ?

Seems like a bit of a gimmick but I do love a nice gimmick :D

I'd say you're better of buying some kind of RO/Filtered water system and not drying it at all.

Something like this would be interesting:

http://www.morethanpolish.com/maxi-filter-refillable-long-life-water-filter-system.asp

The dream being able to leave the car wet after a wash in the baking sun :p no more having to dry like mad man to avoid water spots.

Soldato
So after the curing it still had a streaky finish, but after using the car a few times that has gone (rubbed off I imagine)
so the steering wheel/gator/k**b comes later, those are where the dirt lies ?
I always think I should do them once a month ... but, like the seats, warm weather is the best time .... like for plastics too

Soldato
As it was dry this evening I managed to clean the car and try the Gyeon Q2 view. Not sure if I did it 'right'. I think I left the polish on for a bit too long as it took a lot of elbow grease to get it off. When it came to applying the Repel layer, I wasn't holding back on how much I used, but after applying quite a bit to the windscreen and the side windows (front only), I was left with about half a bottle. It states to use the whole bottle for the same!

d54766fd2f2572bb63ec49a751eea2ac-full.jpg

I also gave the Q2 Tire a go too. Really impressed with how easy it was to apply. As it's a lot less viscous than the Megs tire gel I'm used to using, it was really easy to apply to the whole tyre, especially in all the writing etc on the side. I left it for about 15 mins, even after that, some parts looks a bit shiny, but I buffed it off with a MF as per instructions. We'll see how long it lasts.

4d967cade82e1ef4ad3e5c582cc8229b-full.jpg

Soldato
I'd say you're better of buying some kind of RO/Filtered water system and not drying it at all.

Something like this would be interesting:

http://www.morethanpolish.com/maxi-filter-refillable-long-life-water-filter-system.asp

The dream being able to leave the car wet after a wash in the baking sun :p no more having to dry like mad man to avoid water spots.

I was on the site looking for a new one of these https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam/0ppm-de-ionising-water-filter-12.aspx as my current one has worn out, the one you have posted looks to be a better option.

Caporegime
Yea I'm the same. I'll see how I get on on my passenger seat when I get time. Pleased with the finish now though, very nice. Looks a lovely matte and feels amazing.

Okay, I let it set overnight, no streaking. It looks less shiny on the driver's side for sure, I should have taken a photo but I can tell it is definitely cleaner than before. It is more grey like the back seats. In terms of feel. I cleaned the steering wheel too and it is definitely more grip, not sticky, just loss that shine feel again.

I used to clean my living room sofa too, that brought out more dirt on the leather than the car actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom