Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I often watch Forensic Detailing Channel but after watching his bug removal video not sure If I would agree with his method entirely.

Especially since his channel regularly refers to methods that reduce any risk of adding any paint defects/swirls I find it bizarre how after Citrus Pre Wash application and dwell time it was not then rinsed with high pressure removing any lose or broken down bugs and general grime before then re-applying a light layer of product prior to going in with the detailing brush to agitate or even general car shampoo which contains lubricants in my opinion would have been a safer method.

Of course the way he did it is probably fine but again he constantly bangs on about how important the pre wash and rinse stage is prior to any contact washing.

Associate
Anyone recommend a none damaging fly remover?
I have Gtechniq W8 bug remover and have been impressed with it. Recent drive to Alton Towers and back left the car covered. This seemed to do a really good job after a couple of minutes dwell. 99% of them came off as I rinsed it.

Associate
Will do! If the weather is ok tomorrow morning I’ll apply it then. It’s Sam’s Detailing Glass Sealant.
So I applied this earlier. Glass cleaner, clay mitt, rinse and then glass cleaner again seemed to really bring the windscreen up great.

Application was really straight forward and apart from a few spots where I applied too much it came up really well. Had to flip the microfibre fairly regularly to ensure it buffed off cleanly. Instructions say to use the sealant to “clean” your wipers to help with judder so I done that too.

Heading out shortly and it’s overcast so actually praying for a bit of rain!

Associate
So I applied this earlier. Glass cleaner, clay mitt, rinse and then glass cleaner again seemed to really bring the windscreen up great.

Application was really straight forward and apart from a few spots where I applied too much it came up really well. Had to flip the microfibre fairly regularly to ensure it buffed off cleanly. Instructions say to use the sealant to “clean” your wipers to help with judder so I done that too.

Heading out shortly and it’s overcast so actually praying for a bit of rain!
No rain, but my wipers have never been so smooth.

Soldato
Recently had some car cleaning products arrive from CleanYourCar.

Valet Pro - Citrus Wash
Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Valet Pro - Concentrated Car Shampoo

Gave the car a quick wash and was impressed with the Valet Pro products considering they are sensibly priced.

Car Pro - Detailing Brushes
CleanYourCar - Wash Bucket & Grit Guard
Euros - Ultra Plush Noodle Wash Mitt

———

Also today I bought a Vax SpotClean Duo Wet Vacuum to tackle interior interior deep cleans, only managed to do the passenger side but cannot believe the amount of dirt it has pulled out so far :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Think he was referring to Sams Detailing Glass Sealant - Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I used Gyeon Wet Coat and Sonax Spray on Seal before and as great as no need for wipers at speed it did unfortunately make them judder so stopped using.

Soft99 Glaco looks a good product, I seem to come across it on Instagram reels fairly often and as the manufacture of Fusso Coat they are known for great hydrophobics! Looks a good product and one I might try in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom