Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Weather was good so did the yearly clean of the missus daily drive. Came up good for 100k and 17 years old. Wheels could do with a refurb however.

Seats out interior clean with a wet vac and drill brush on the carpets. Carpro pearl on the plastics and magic eraser on the wheel.

Nothing special on the outside just a rinse with Bilt Hamber foam and wax with Collinite 476. The interior took longer than the outside as it hasn't been touched for a good 6 months.

Really should have took some before photo's as the interior was shocking.

Ofo86v0.jpg

uUebiq3.jpg

Associate
I bet that Suzuki is great fun to drive, reminds me of the original Fiat Cinquecento.

Lovely job on the interior, and in very good nick for 17 years old! I really like white wheels on the right car! :cool:

Soldato
I've owned this thing for near on 3 years and haven't properly cleaned/polished it in that time, so it was overdue some love.
I drove it 20 feet to the field opposite my cottage and took a terrible pic, but at least it's reminded me that I should probably look after it a bit more, as it's not a bad looking motor.

Y7sHzwM.png

Caporegime
I bet that Suzuki is great fun to drive, reminds me of the original Fiat Cinquecento.

Lovely job on the interior, and in very good nick for 17 years old! I really like white wheels on the right car! :cool:

It was only 1 previous owner when we got it and will have owned it going on ten years next year. The wheels were a dealer option when new. I still have the original Enkei's the car came with but it just sits a lot better on 16's. It is a really fun car to drive. The short ratio gearbox being a real highlight. A modernish 205 Gti in reality even with the snap oversteer!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've owned this thing for near on 3 years and haven't properly cleaned/polished it in that time, so it was overdue some love.
I drove it 20 feet to the field opposite my cottage and took a terrible pic, but at least it's reminded me that I should probably look after it a bit more, as it's not a bad looking motor.

Y7sHzwM.png
Cracking photo, great car. :)

Caporegime
Is that suzuki a special one like a sport ? I like it , nice combination of colour, wheels and mudflaps , looks smart

Yes. It is actually a homologation special believe it or not. The engine is unique to that model as well as other parts. Dampers are a Suzuki only item for example which is a bit of pain and costly for a car that is worth peanuts.

When the exhaust rusted out it was cheaper to get a stainless system as you cannot get pattern parts that fit correctly.

Associate
The car ticked over 198,000 miles earlier in the week and still scrubs up OK, even treated it to a genuine BMW bonnet badge. The only issue I have is that I keep buying detailing sprays to try even though I already have enough :o

This was after a quick go around with Bouncers Done & Dusted Si Edition which I found ridiculously easy to use after revisiting diluted Sonax BSD for a while. Need to re-dress the plastic trim and tyres, but I'll leave those until tomorrow when all of the water trapped behind said trim has had time to dry off. My phone camera struggled with the second shot of the metallic flake, but I'm still rocking a Galaxy S9.

wCbHG04.jpg

ZKTD6tB.jpg

nXEoF3L.jpg

Soldato
I only have a bit of Car-Lack68 Nano care left in bottle so need to buy some more - I think I have had this since 2015 or earlier and use it for putting on shower panels in bathroom - I stopped using it on car years ago.
So has anything replaced Car-Lack or is it still the one to buy. If not is there anything else that would fit the bill.
I have had two new UPVC windows fitted (on house) and I am going to use it on the plastic frames -the old ones were dull and rough to touch so going to see if this will stop that and also help the rain to bead off.

Edit. Car-Lack 68 -Thick finger moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Figured you can never have enough Wheel Cleaner… Ordered 5L of Autobrite - Britegel for £19 from Amazon.

Interested to see how the “gel consistency” makes it to work with, one thing with wheel cleaners I always feel I am racing against time before it drys out.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi just got my first ever car so want to look after it :) Its a Focus and Panther black colour.

What cleaning products should i be looking at for cleaning outside and inside?
I seem to be getting a lot of bird poo on the roof whats best to clean this off?
Any videos that i should watch on how to clean and look after my car?
I have a pressure washer that i will be using. https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tt...lectric-high-pressure-washer-2-2kw-230v/766kh

Thank You.

Underboss
Hi just got my first ever car so want to look after it :) Its a Focus and Panther black colour.

What cleaning products should i be looking at for cleaning outside and inside?
I seem to be getting a lot of bird poo on the roof whats best to clean this off?
Any videos that i should watch on how to clean and look after my car?
I have a pressure washer that i will be using. https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-tt...lectric-high-pressure-washer-2-2kw-230v/766kh

Thank You.

ok lets start from the beginning

Pre Wash - Snowfoam over a dry car then rinse off
Wash - A good shampoo and use a Noodle wash mitt (do not use brushes of any sort) then rinse off
Dry - a BIG Drying Towel to dry it which will give you a streak free finish with no water spots

thats the basics

if you want to do a spot clean (like bird poo now and again) use a Waterless wash , and a microfiber cloth

Associate
ok lets start from the beginning

Pre Wash - Snowfoam over a dry car then rinse off
Wash - A good shampoo and use a Noodle wash mitt (do not use brushes of any sort) then rinse off
Dry - a BIG Drying Towel to dry it which will give you a streak free finish with no water spots

thats the basics

if you want to do a spot clean (like bird poo now and again) use a Waterless wash , and a microfiber cloth
Thank You for your help.

Ive ordered some bits from in2detailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom