Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Does anyone have any recommendations for a brush that's good for cleaning interior trim (plastic/vinyl - not leather)?

I have some very soft carbon collective brushes but they're almost too soft, and are better suited for the exterior of the car to clean around emblems and badges.

I'm after something that's got some stiffness to it, but is safe on interior surfaces and won't scratch.

Perhaps this?

i got ones exactly like this

used the large one the other day to do the whole of my interior (except carpets) and it works perfectly

i did the Chris Fix method (YT)

Permabanned
Finally received my mystery collaboration box from Car-Chem + a bottle pre soak snow foam to try out.

image.jpg

Associate
Any recommendations on a manual sprayer or foamer? IK? Marolex?
I was looking to dilute 4% BH Surfex HD and BH Autofoam to give the car a pre-wash and for the tyres / alloys rather than always getting out the mjjc foam cannon all the time.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have an IK Foamer, but tbh I end up using the foam lance most of the times, it's quicker.

The IK is ok but you have to pump the **** out of it for every wheel. PW is just quicker.

Associate
The Carbon Collector Hydro+ looks interesting. I was looking at getting EZ-Brushes from in2detailing and they stock it also along with Garage Therapy /ONE: wheel Shampoo.
I find getting the PW out a faff at the best of times but have just picked up the AVA go p55 limited edition as my Karcher died and has the same connections.
My thinking was do entire car in surfex hd via sprayer then coat it with auto foam via the foam cannon whilst then using sprayer for any wheels, arches and shuts etc.

Soldato
Just spent 2 hours cleaning the alloys then I notice yet more saharan rain dust from last nights brief showers.....! so had to spend another hour cleaning that off by hand...cannot even use my car today :mad:due to local roads being closed for property developers to use cranes causing traffic chaos & British GP backing up my local main routes out of London.

Soldato
Tips please I just noticed some rubber door sill marks on the top inner door sill lip where the door joins the chassis which are proving tough to remove! Any ideas how to get them out without damaging the paintwork please? What products do I need to get or will just sugar soap do the trick (without causing any damage).

Soldato
not exactly sure what you mean / where you mean
im guessing the rubber sil round the door has marked your paintwork somewhere ?
try white spirit or T-cut if that's the case ?
Thanks for answering yes that's the area but will using that mark the paintwork or remove any though?

Soldato
battery powered snow former !!
That looks pretty good, I wouldn't probably wouldn't bother getting the pressure washer out and just rinse with the hose if I had that.

Also, I have tried Hydro2 Foam this week and it's really great. After washing again with neutral snowfoam and AG shampoo the car's poor condition paint looks so smooth in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom