The Chaos Engine (Air > Water Cooled)

Soldato
OP
Looks even better on the video
Hope you posted it in the watercooling gallery sub forum :):):):)
Cheers man, appreciated. Yeah it does, that's why i just chucked that video quickly, as somethign about photos that don't show what's going on... they're a snap shot and people could look at it and say I hate the colour... it's nto really about the colour, it's about the build. I can set the colour to whatever I want tbh... however, I've left everything default at the minute for the piccies and video so it shows what is possible.

So, all done, think the only mod I'll make is an additional 360mm rad in the rear now, got the fans already blowing out, they may as well blow out over a radiator hahaha.

Soldato
To be honest even videos I find don't capture it as exactly as your eyes
See it in person
When it comes to lighting
But yeah still better than photos for the reason you said
And seeing the video makes me think even more you did the right thing not
Going with the green coolant

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys, oh god yeah, at night, the video just doesn't capture it at all, as you get all these reflections off the clear water plus the quality of the glass paneling on these these, seriously not one word of a lie, the side of the case you can't even see, the amount of time I've gone to reach inside this week and hit glass with my fingers... it's really weird, even the missu did the same thinking it was an open case. I'm 100% convinced I'll never go green in THIS build. Don't get me wrong, in the right case that green would look incredible, it's a stunning acid green BUT in this case, somehow just seemed to make it look cheap with the white parts etc... weird isn't it, I'm usually pretty good at envisaging what the end product will be like, but have to admit, the green wasn't right. So, got 2 litres spare will sell off cheap tbh... to someone who needs it. Clear all the way for me...

Soldato
OP
Well just received my additional 360mm radiator which hopefully will fill tonight... will see if I have time once the missus is asleep hahaha... so that'll be 740mm of 32mm radiators... that should do me but have noticed in this hot weather that this GPU and CPU on full load do kick out a shed load of heat it's untrue so... cooler = better... lets see if this improves the performance, plus it's an excuse to have a push/pull config on the 360mm rad hahaha... and use all 10x120mm fans lol

Soldato
OP
Until 3am I was doing this, man that back radiator trying to tighten things and do those bends was a nightmare. Wasted 2 pieces of tubing as just couldn't get the bend to come back on itself properly howver got there in the end, and temps are down 3C!!!

120.jpeg

121.jpeg

122.jpeg

Associate
If you really want to there is just about enough space to fit 15mm deep fans to the back of that rear radiator - I know I can with the 30mm radiator I've installed in the rear of mine.

Soldato
OP
If you really want to there is just about enough space to fit 15mm deep fans to the back of that rear radiator - I know I can with the 30mm radiator I've installed in the rear of mine.
I'm actually a little cheesed off as I have 3 of the 120mm fans I have in the rest of the system and thought they would fit so i'd have that push/pull config... so, yeah would have a to get another set so I can have the push pull I originaly wanted... bit annoying that tbh :( Can always pick up a 15mm set of fans... will see how it cools

EDIT: just checked my temps, folding on my 5700XT right now and running CPUZ under stress for 25 minutes, ambient in room is 20.4C and the water is 24.1C and the temps on the 5700Xt are 62C chip and 71C on hot spot... temps on CPU at 77C max on the package which considering the overclock is spot on... I'm happy this rad is helping a lot I think, it's certainly kicking out heat I know what when I put my face to the rear of the pc...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thats some really tough bends dude! You've done a great job! Looks sick
Cheers man appreciated, yeah the ones at the top, I was trying to be too precise so just grabed and bent in my hands hoping it worked hahaha... bit more like a glass blower lol... and somehow they fell pretty good, was tough deciding as didn't want pipes at angles as the rest are all straight with flowing bends so had to keep the veritcal and horizontal theme going, so this was the only way, yeah happy ti came out as it did!

Associate
Cheers man appreciated, yeah the ones at the top, I was trying to be too precise so just grabed and bent in my hands hoping it worked hahaha... bit more like a glass blower lol... and somehow they fell pretty good, was tough deciding as didn't want pipes at angles as the rest are all straight with flowing bends so had to keep the veritcal and horizontal theme going, so this was the only way, yeah happy ti came out as it did!

Did it by hand?! Damn. I can guarantee i'd have wasted more than 2 pieces of tubing! haha

Soldato
OP
Liking this! top job!

Clear was definately the right choice for the coolant for this one :)
Cheers mate, yeah took a lot of work for my frist ever watercooled PC but well happy with it, yeah it was... so wanted to like the green and in a different style of build would've looked amazing but just seemed to look cheap in this one... weird how you have a vision and it nearly worked but love the clear now tbh

Back
Top Bottom