The cleanest fitting flat wiper blades for E46 are....

Soldato
I use el cheapo ebay flatblades ( 2 different models) on both my V40 and my Galant, they were 6€ per set, both work perfectly and wipe far better than the original wipers used to. Don't leave any marks. I have my doubts about how long they will last but I'm happy if I get 2 years out of em.

Don't see the need to spend any more, you'll NEVER see me wasting 50€ on an original Bosch wiper or 30€ on some volvo original wipers.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I use el cheapo ebay flatblades ( 2 different models) on both my V40 and my Galant, they were 6€ per set, both work perfectly and wipe far better than the original wipers used to. Don't leave any marks. I have my doubts about how long they will last but I'm happy if I get 2 years out of em.

Don't see the need to spend any more, you'll NEVER see me wasting 50€ on an original Bosch wiper or 30€ on some volvo original wipers.

2 years!!!! Well I suppose it depends on how many miles you do and in what weather conditions too but I see between 6-10 months from a set and since they're so cheap it doesn't matter even if you do replace them every 6 months!

How many years did that take? :p

Not very long, at 4500-6200rpm the engine pulls pretty decently.

Last edited:
Soldato
2 years!!!! Well I suppose it depends on how many miles you do and in what weather conditions too but I see between 6-10 months from a set and since they're so cheap it doesn't matter even if you do replace them every 6 months!

Usually didn't replace them until they were actually torn. If you replace them every 6 months then yeah, cheape ones make even more sense.
I don't use my wipers on the motorway usually (I do in winter though, can't stand salty/dirty windows, so often spray em) as I've got rain repellent on my windscreen and that does an adequate job...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Rainx doesn't last long at all and at some point you have to use the wipers anyway to clear muck off and when you do it wipes away the Rainx.

Likewise using it on side windows it leaves streaks and marks when you roll the windows down and back up if left on as it holds on to crap from the weathering over several days.

IMO Rainx is only good for rear windows on coupes and saloons.

Pointless waste of £5 here down south!

Back
Top Bottom